Reintro to dairy

jlsmit

Well, guys.. I finished my first Whole30.

Reintroduced dairy on Saturday after CrossFit with a couple of slices of cheese (one mixed in with some scrambled eggs and one just to taste). I had heartburn for 6 hours and some other.. ahem.. "issues" too. Maybe it was the specific type of cheese but I felt that it was a good control because I didn't change anything else about my diet.

I tried an all natural ice cream without any additives that evening and it tasted quite good but I ended up with a slight headache about 15-20 minutes later. I'll definitely remember that when I want to indulge, I can but that it may come at a cost so I'll tread lightly.

One other strange thing... I kind of felt like the cheese left a film on the roof of my mouth and a bit of a burning sensation almost like you have for a while after burning from pizza that's too hot. It wasn't hot when I ate it though and it still kind of feels that way 2 days later. Weird. Any thoughts on that?

I'm planning on having rice and corn today or tomorrow. I don't feel like I even need those things in my life but there are so many corn additives in "food" that I may have in the future that I should probably test it out.

@greenwaypress - Thanks for the info! I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. The corn reintro went okay, aside from a little bloating. I'm kind of anxious about reintroducing gluten. I've really not missed anything (besides pizza) so I guess we'll see how it goes. :)

Archived