It started this morning. 3 days before I turn 41

greghotaling71

Today I start the whole 30. The worst thing will be the cravings and the hunger. I ate like crazy today, but never got that fat and happy full feeling that I do with carbs. I am all in though. Tired of never losing weight, being constantly tired, failing at workouts, headaches, body aches, etc. I am not ready to just chalk it up as age. I want to be competitive as a masters athlete, but it has been such an uphill battle (sometimes so steep it looks like a wall). I decided to start on day one of the XXX Olympics. Monday I get back into the water after a few months off. Hopefully I will still have the energy to ride and swim and run. I miss it, but I miss the DESIRE to do those things even more. I am tired of feeling tired and sluggish all the time. We shall see on day 30, but now it is all about making it through today.

I'm betting the cravings and hunger will be not nearly as bad as you expect, especially after you get past the first couple of days. Be sure to eat good sized meals with plenty of protein and fat. Good luck!!

Archived