Help Me Choose From Menu

solarity

I meant to post earlier so this is last minute. Tomorrow we have a work dinner at Mez. I'm on day 15 of my Whole30 and have been scared to eat out because I don't want to ask for a ton of modifications. Tomorrow my work is buying dinner at a fancier Mexican restaurant and I would like to go and socialize. Can someone help me find something to eat off this menu?

http://www.mezdurham.com/dinner.php

For lunch they are catering pizza and pasta so I'm already out of luck there and will be packing. I'm really hoping to find something for dinner.

Mexican can be tricky. Non- compliant ingredients can end up  in marinades and seasonings.

I would go for a simple salad with grilled protein. See if they will dry grill for you or cook in a compliant oil. Ask about marinade  (suspect for gluten and sugar) and seasonings  (suspect for soy, gluten and sugar).

Good Luck! I have been to Mez many times however not on my Whole30. The waitstaff has always been very nice and accommodating as I have some friends with various intolerances to some ingredients. 

Tomorrow I also venture out for a nice lunch (Winston's Grille in Raleigh) with my coworkers as a treat for our hard work. Should be interesting to see how things go since they do not have any compliant appetizers. So I plan on making sure that I have some celery and carrots on the drive over to ensure that I am not super hungry when the appetizers get passed around.

Coctel de Camaron Chilled poached shrimp tossed in a mild citrus and roasted pepper-tomato salsa. Served with diced avocado, mango, cilantro, green onion and a side of tortilla chips

Call up and ask about the salsa before hand, skip the chips. Otherwise that looks good to me. You could even ask them to put it on a bed of lettuce. Or you could get one of the salads with poached shrimp. 

I go out to mexican a lot.  I often get cevechi or shrimp cocktail. and eat with salsa and guac.  And if I order a something that comes with beans and rice I just ask for extra fajita veggies or a side salad instead.  Ask them to please go very easy on the oil  and add avocado. ALWAYS! It's a must have. 

Archived