whole 30 turns to whole 60........

lifes_a_trip

Ok, there are a lot of people out there who started around the beginning of January and stated on the threads that they were going to continue. I am starting this new topic for all who have decided that they would continue for longer on this plan. 

My husband and I started on Jan 2. I lost 15 lbs and hubby lost 10 during the 1st whole 30, we had lots more energy, and complete control over our cravings (which is really terrific). We did cheat one day over the weekend for my hubbies birthday, but now we are back on track and looking forward to more of this eating plan. We plan to go at least another 30 days. I also plan on tweaking a few things to encourage more weight loss (I am obese so it is very important for me). 

I do find it helpful to be able to follow threads during this program as it helps to keep you on track, so everyone don't be shy, join in !

Good morning!  I started Jan 2nd and am still going.  Wanted to jump on once I read yours.  This is my 4th Whole 30 (well Whole 60 this time)  I did it 3 times last year and always have incredible results.  I gained 5 back over December but since lost 9 so I'm back now, trying to continue this lifestyle because as you said, I have more energy & I feel better.  I am hungry often but once I eat something compliant I'm just fine until the next meal.  It's all mental for me I'm sure.  The most thing I miss when I do this is cream & 1 stevia in my coffee.  I used to replace that with coconut cream, cinnamon and emulsified dates & water for the sweetness but I just haven't taken the time to make it so I've been drinking it black, definitely not my fav!  

Congrats on your weight loss and jumping right back in!  I'm looking for new ideas for food as I'm getting burnt out on my norm.  I really just need a day of cooking!  

Anyway, my name is Dawn, I live in Chicago and it's nice to meet you both.  Let me know how you're doing and maybe we can bounce some things that help off each other!

Have a great day!

Dawn 

Dawn,

Thanks for joining us. As far as recipes go I have found tons in both the Well Fed books and the Nom Nom Paleo book and website (most have been fantastic). A major hobby of mine is cooking so it takes a lot for cookbooks to impress me but these have. I have come up with some creative ways to enhance recipes such as making chili and putting it in a half of acorn squash, stuffing pablano chilis with mexican barbacoa meat, homemade chorizo, onions, cilantro, and butternut squash cubes and topping with green chili/tomatillo sauce and guacamole, or making spagetti sauce with lots of veggies and  homemade italian sausage on top of zucchini noodles. Also, even though I don't do it often enough I have found that a cooking day once a week makes a huge difference in time spent cooking meal the rest of the week. I take that day to grill meats for salads, make hard boiled eggs, make some sort of stew or chili, and make all of my condiments. 

I finished my first Whole30 yesterday. Lost 5 lbs and not sure of the inches. I was pretty low carb already and already working out 5-7 times per week. The Whole30 did help with cravings/false hunger and helped fuel my workouts. No other major transformations I would say. I'm going to keep going for another 30 days. I have about 20 lbs more I am trying to take off so I hope I can keep making a dent in them. I did not have any cheats at all so I was super proud of that! Hope everyone has continued success!

My boyfriend did Whole#30 as well and he is down 8 lbs without much exercise. He has about 12 pounds to reach his goal.

Oops, so sorry I forgot to look at this stream!  I've been reading peoples post on my email and remembered I had my own group LOL!   :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing the recipe with chili in the acorn squash.  I went to a grass fed meat restaurant the other night and had some amazing roasted root veggies and chicken in a half of acorn squash, it's such a great idea and I just bought some chorizo, will let you know how it all goes!  I too cook once a week if time allows and it REALLY helps, and I thoroughly love being in the kitchen all day :))  

Way to go bamawhitney keep it up!  I finally bypassed by low of 150lbs after the first 30 days, I'm anxious to see what the next 30 brings.  I haven't been this thin or healthy since HS and I'm 44.  I'm finally pre-baby weight and my children are 21 & 22 LMAO, took me a while  :P

I need to get some recipes and get excited again, I'm starting to eat too many nuts, nut butter and fruit and that is not going to do me any good.  I feel so full of energy though all day, no slumps.  I wish I could get more sleep but my schedule does not allow more than 6 hours during the week and usually get 7-8 on weekends per night.  I do think I need more, but it's not gonna happen....life is too busy and full, I'm grateful for that!!  I need to keep my workouts more consistent, I've been failing at that right now and it's not making me happy :angry: I'm training for a half ironman soon, it's not until Sept but I need to get focused.

I will keep in touch now for sure and will post how my meals are going.  I'm in need of homemade sweet potato chips to make me happy  :wub:

Dawn

Good morning!  Going strong, printed some new recipes from Well Fed and Wholelifeeating which is all Whole 30 approved.  I went to culinary school but I like to get some pairing ideas to change up my food.  I tend to eat the things I can make quickly and a lot of and then I get bored.  I'm spending Sat afternoon making new recipes for the week, I can't wait :)  My workouts have been powerful,  I'm afraid I don't get enough sleep because I know it says we need to get the proper amount but if I feel rested maybe that is all my body requires? Any thoughts on this? I usually get 5-6 1/2 hours per night.  Weekends 7-8.  

Let me know how you all are doing!  

Thanks and have a great day!

Dawn

I just completed my first Whole30 and I'm also going to continue for at least another 30 days. I lost 8 pounds this month. Don't know about inches but my pants are definitely way looser! But most importantly, I feel so much better! I have more energy and am in a better mood most of the time, I'm not craving or missing any of the unhealthy foods that are no longer a part of my eating plan, so why should I even consider adding them back to my diet? One thing that really helped me in my first Whole30 is drinking bone broth (homemade from grass-fed knuckle bones) -- yum! I have a long way to go with weight loss, but this way feels right and sustainable.

Healthy eating, everyone!

J.L.

Hi JL - Glad you could join us and that you decided to do another 30 days  :) I actually have gotten over the hurdle that I may decide to stay away from refined sugar and anything white (flour, rice, potatoes etc...) I feel SO good that I can't imagine going back.  I don't have a filter for moderation so this may be my best bet to continue to feel so good.  I used to take advil every day, sometimes more than once a day and I went to grab some after a run, my knees were bothering me and realized I hadn't taken any in probably over 2-3 weeks.  That is major for me.  I'm still working out about 4-5 days per week too, so it's not like I gave that up.  The feeling of clothes getting bigger is awesome!!  Congrats!  Energy level is crazy good also.    OMG isn't that bone broth amazing!?!?  I just thawed some grass fed bones this weekend to start a broth maybe tonight!  

Keep up the good work and let me know if you need any tips, This is my 4th Whole 30 (first Whole 60), I can't say enough good things about it!!

Archived