Monica's 1st Whole30

MonicaB

Hi All!

I started my first Whole 30 on 2/1/14.  Hasn't been **too** bad so far...some headaches, but mostly I'm just hungry!!  Soooo, thought I'd post my Log for advise/input. I work 3rd shift, so the times are wacky.

Day 1:

M1 (1:30pm) - 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil with onion and garlic with 2c of baby spinach. 10 baby carrots, raw. 10 blueberries.

M2 (6pm) - Ground beef patty (1/3lb). Yellow squash and onion sauted in coconut oil. 12 red grapes.

Snack (8:30pm) - Cashews and bullet proof coffee

M3 (2am) - Ground beef patty (1/3lb). Steamed broccoli (2c)

Day 2:

M1 (1:30pm) - Ground beef patty (1/3lb). Sweet potato with cinamon.

M2 (5:30pm) - Coconut chicken curry over cauliflower 'rice'. 10 blueberries

M3 (1am) - Coconut chicken curry over cauliflower 'rice'. Green beans (1c)

Day 3:

M1 (10am) - apple pie larabar. More of a snack, I guess, but all I had that was portable. 

M2 (6:30pm) - Tuna salad with mustard and olive oil and grapes over a bed of baby spinach (2c)

Snack (9pm) - almond butter (1T)

M3 (12:30am) - Coconut curry chicken over cauliflower rice. Green beans (1c)

Welcome to the Whole 30, Monica!  I am on Day 29 and I can definitely vouch for the program.  Especially on this days where you might feel low on energy or bloated, I promise that it gets better.  It looks like you're on the right track but just a few points on your log:

Day 1:

M2: How much yellow squash did you have? Ideally it should be at least 2 cups worth of veggies.

Was the snack out of habit or hunger (use the “Hunger = able to eat steamed fish & broccoli†test).  If it was hunger, opt for a snack that resembles a mini meal, containing protein, fat & vegetables.  Cashews count as a fat source.

Day 2:

M1: Looks good but I'd add in some leafy green veggies

Day 3

M1: Opt for Larabars sparingly.  It might be worth boiling eggs to keep in the fridge to eat on-the-go.  Whipping up a batch of egg muffins are also great to keep on hand.

M2: Looks light on fat- you could add some avocado to your salad next time

Was the snack out of habit or hunger (use the “Hunger = able to eat steamed fish & broccoli†test).  If it was hunger, opt for a snack that resembles a mini meal, containing protein, fat & vegetables.  Almond butter counts as a fat source.

I'm sure the moderators will provide further assistance but hope that helps for now :) . 

• Moderators

Whole30newbie offered good advice.

It sounds like you need to eat more. Many people don't eat enough as they start a Whole30. Feel free to eat up to the top of the meal template guidelines. You don't need to walk around hungry to lose weight. http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

If you eat enough at meals, you should have little or no urge to snack.

Archived