My commitment

JGiggly

Good morning! I have 5 more days left on my first W30. Yay! I have a physical today and I will be weighed. I have been thinking ALL week about this. Do I let them weigh me? Do I turn around on the scale so I can't see it? Do I just go through the motions and look anyway since it's a medical appointment? My answer is *drumroll*.... I am not going to look. I actually may not even allow them to weigh me. Either way, I made a commitment to follow W30 and that includes not weighing myself. Just a heads up: There is no medical reason to weigh me today. It's just protocol. This may not be a concern or a long thought out process for most, but I struggle with not weighing myself and this month has changed my relationship with the scale... to put this in perspective let me share a post...

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/15970-vanity-self-esteem/

I'm proud of you. :D

I had a doctor appointment this month, too, and I just turned my back on the numbers and asked the nurse not to tell me what I weigh. Wasn't an issue. But I really really hate that they weigh you every time, even if you're there for the flu and can hardly keep from falling off the scale.

Very good. I'll be weighed at the doctor this Friday--which is Day 6 for me but I want to know the number because I did not weigh myself beforehand. I am very good about staying off the scale because I think weight/scales can really have a negative impact on one's body image but I'd like to know what effect the w30 has on my weight. I'll weigh myself again 4 weeks after that (at my next appointment). 

Anyway, congrats on making that decision. I think it's the right one! 

Archived