Starting Whole 30 today, Tues. Feb. 4

mbbutler

Starting Whole 30 today with a friend who lives in another state. I've been wanting to try this for a long time because I know I am addicted to bread and sugar.

Breakfast this am: 3 scrambled eggs and roasted cauliflower & carrots.

Onward!!

Hi--

Me, too, starting today. I'm doing this with a group of people organized by my trainer, the awesome Miss V. (Hey, Whole 60 Community, anyone else here?)

I signed up because I want to learn to like veggies (I don't, much), I want to find out if I have any other food sensitivities besides gluten (been gluten-free for about 16 months and feel much better overall but I still see some symptoms), and I want to completely convert my diet to organic whole real food.

Meal 1 this morning in two parts: first a cup of Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup (from Well Fed) and then a saute of onions, bell peppers, leftover roasted sweet potatoes, and leftover roasted chicken, served on top of some chopped romaine lettuce and topped with some leftover guacamole. I do not eat eggs, so my meal 1 choices will probably not look much different from meal 2 or 3.

Hi, I started on Monday, February 3. It's my second Whole 30. I did the last one a year ago, and felt much better. So far, so good. My challenge is that I travel a lot for work, so a lot of time in airports -- a challenging environment. I can handle the times when I am at home, especially if I have weekends to prep the food. Well Fed and Well Fed 2 are the best cookbooks ever! I love Nom Nom Paleo too, but not all of the recipes in there are Whole 30 compliant, so you have to read carefully.

My goals are to calm down the eczema on my face, hips, and collarbone, hopefully get all of my joints (including ankles, fingers, and hips) to stop aching, and to discover if I am really sensitive to tomatoes. I've been pretty much following a paleo diet for a year and a half, so I don't expect much weight loss.

I'm trying to convince a couple of people from work, and my brother, to Whole 30 along with me, but so far, no dice!

I'm starting today too although i feel stupid even saying it at this point because i've failed at like 5 or 6 of them since my first and only successful one back in may.  

but gotta keep getting back on the horse... or something like that!  happy day 1!

Me too.  I also started yesterday.  I made it through day 1 :).  29 more to go.  My first attempt, I was doing great and was on a roll.  Made it 13 days and was sure I would make it to day 30...but on day 13, I ran a half marathon on not hear enough food.  Dummy!!  I am used to eating a half a bagel and a banana before a race and this time I ran on 2 egg whites and an apple.  Needless to say as soon as the race was over, I was starved and made lots of bad choices.  Since then I have tried and tried, but this time I am going to make it the full 30 days.  I am excited, prepared and motivated.  Excited to know there are others on the same day as me.  Let's do this!!

I started my first Whole30 on the 4th as well!  So far, so good.  I've been eating lots of yummy food and don't miss anything right now, except sugar (well, Splenda...yucky stuff!) in my coffee!  This feels easy, but we'll see how I feel when the weekend rolls around! ;)

I started yesterday, too! Everything's going smoothly so far, but I just found out I'll be babysitting for someone tonight and since it's last minute, I'm feeling unprepared. I keep thinking about my nice, compliant dinner sitting at home in my fridge and now I have to figure something out fast. Looks like a trip to the grocery store is in order! 

Archived