My first Whole 30

springbound

Day 25 done!  whee!

I cancelled bowling because I was not going out in the icy mess we had yesterday so I cooked dinner.  I made a huge pot of chicken soup with lots of vegetables and sausage and served a salad on the side.  I also cooked some spaghetti squash for tonight's dinner because I thought I was heading to the gym after work.  (Not doing it because it's way below zero again with the wind chill and I have a ton of stuff to do before tomorrow night.)

Day 26 plan:

M1:  tuna salad with mayo over romaine and broccoli slaw, orange slices.

M2:  Vat of leftover soup, possibly more orange.

M3:  Something with ground beef and that spaghetti squash.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 26 went as planned!  I made a quick red sauce to eat with the ground beef and the pork.  The wife is sick of spaghetti squash, apparently, though.  Oh well.  More for me.

Very tired this morning.  I have been sleeping okay, but just not enough.  I didn't go to the gym as planned and ran some errands, including picking up some compliant chicken apple sausages for protein to bring with us to friend's house.  :-)  I was on my feet cooking dinner/breakfast/lunch for today, did a bunch of laundry, then didn't really settle down until 10:30 which is way too late for me.   

Anyway, blahblahblah.  Day 27 plan:

M1:  More tuna salad over romaine.  pineapple. coffee.

M2:  Sweet potatoes fried with onions in ghee, pork that I sort of seasoned with sausagey spices.

M3:  Spaghetti squash and meat sauce.  Coffee because I need to be awake until way too late tonight.  We're not leaving for our friend's house until 8:30ish and it's a 2.5 hour trip. 

So, still hanging in and now it's Day 30!  woot!

The going away/shower went well.  I stayed as on plan as I could, said no to a lot of things, and did pretty well.  I'm pretty much calling the ignorance is bliss card because I have no idea if everything I had was completely compliant. It looked compliant but I wasn't really in a position to ask a lot of questions.  There was nothing at the shower I could eat so we ate beforehand.  They had the usual baked ziti, deli tray, creamy salads like potato and macaroni, and lots of freaking cake.  Lots of cake.

Yesterday, I did not eat enough.  I slept as long as possible and had a small meal before my workout, but barely had time to eat after before we had to be somewhere else. It sucked, and it didn't help that I went to bed when I should have had dinner. I had food dreams and woke up starving.

So, after 30+ days, I do have more energy and I sleep a bit better than before.  My skin is about the same (just spots around that special time of month).  I still have dry skin issues though I'm drinking more water and eating more fat. The biggest change is that I'm definitely leaner.  Some of it is the training, but a big part of it is the diet.  I'll get a final weight tomorrow but I lost a size (and am hoping not to find it again!).  We're going to reintroduce dairy tomorrow because cheese, wait a day or two, then reintroduce something else. I'm still going to watch obvious large amounts of sugar like no dipping into the candy dish at work or the omnipresent baked goods but I am not going to stress about sugar in cures for bacon, etc.  I'm shooting for staying mostly paleo during the week, and using the weekend for meals out without worrying about the marinade or the occasional dessert.  Balance and moderation is what I'm shooting for.      

Archived