First Whole30, starting 2/17/14!

I also lost 12 lbs. I haven't had a chance to measure yet. It's been a crazy busy day. This is the first time I've sat down, except while driving from one place to another.  :)  I started my reintroduction with wheat today, by having a biscuit with my breakfast and an actual sandwich at lunch with lots of veggies. I did have to have a Larabar this afternoon. I think I didn't have enough fat at lunch. Tonight, I'm having a slice of my anniversary cake from Feb. 20.  :D I just hope it tastes as good as I'm imagining.  ;)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So excited to hear everyone's results! I also lost 6 pounds. I feel pretty good about that!

I did dairy reintro today. My stomach has been a bit gurgley! I had a little bit for breakfast and dinner. And I did it....I had a little margarita. So a ton of sugar and a little bit of dairy. I feel like crap. Totally self induced I know. But this is why I did this, so I could confirm that these foods make me feel terrible. It is one thing to know it by reading about it, but to experience feeling this way knowing there is a direct correlation with the foods I chose to consume is pretty eye opening. Back on it for two days then I will go to gluten I think.

While I didn't lose any weight on the scale, I am pretty happy with my body compisition changes. I didn't do any measurements but did take some before or after pics. I attached them to this post. I can see and feel a positive change in my body. I think I will forget the scale, and put it away, maybe just weigh once a month...just in case I get pregnant, I will want to know how much weight I gain paleo vs my previous pregnancy.

I do have other positive benefits...I think my relationship with food has improved, I've learned how easy it is to replace grains and high carb sides with veggies, I've learned some great new recipes, I've learned it's actually not that hard to avoid sugar and dairy.

And today I did end up eating some dark chocolate...maybe a little too much...so I woke up very early with my son, now he's back to sleep and I can't sleep, feel jittery...not a good feeling. I will feel confident avoiding chocolate and sugar except for special occasions.

post-40258-0-55939800-1395312482_thumb.j

post-40258-0-55284400-1395312497_thumb.j

post-40258-0-77970400-1395312509_thumb.j

So good to hear all the positive results! I really can't believe how much energy I have - this was my second w30, and I really feel more positive, healthy and more determined to keep going down this road than on my first. Lost 16 pounds and am a week away from successfully finishing a fitness challenge at my work.

I plan on using this document: http://whole30.com/downloads/off-roading.pdf,, especially these first few weeks, as my guide. Have it posted on my fridge, in my cubicle, and saved on my phone. 

Congratulations again on finishing!

Wow great to see all of the great results from everyone. I personally lost 8 pounds and I feel so much better. More energy and I am not craving sugar like I did in the past. I did have a glass of champagne and have introduced dairy back with creamer in my coffee. I have also added some of the RX Bars that are for sale on the whole 30 site which are supposed to be Whole 30 compliant. They are great when you need something to eat but you are on the run or traveling. I am going to continue eating as whole30 as possible but not fret as much about the little things like what did someone cook my eggs in when I am traveling.

I am hoping a will continue to have some body composition changes not necessarily weight loss. I am thrilled I took this challenge.

So, gluten reintroduction was interesting to say the least. Felt fine the first day, but boy did it hit me yesterday! I was bloated, gassy, and just generally run down by 3 o'clock. Then last night, sat down to watch some TV with my hubby. After about an hour I stood up to go the the kitchen for more water, and my knees hurt so bad, I could barely walk! WTH! :(  I don't think I'll be eating any more gluten, unless it is a really special occasion, and then very limited. Giving my body today and possibly tomorrow to heal from that, and then will try some non-gluten grain introduction. Thinking rice, quinoa, and oats. 

Archived