JulianaM's First Whole30

JulianaM

Day 0 of my first Whole 30 and I am... :mellow: (not sure about all this).

I have to travel at the end of the week to visit my dad. My sisters will be there as well. We are planning to go through some of our mother's things (she passed away last September). So that will be stressful, although I do love my family. I'm also not enthusiastic about all the cooking. I live alone and although I certainly *can* cook, I'm not that interested in it. But I need to eat, and I prefer to eat real food, so there's pretty much no way around it.

Biggest reason I'm doing this: I want to learn to love vegetables. Right now, I don't like them much. At this point, eating 2 cups of veggies 3 times a day sounds challenging. Veggies? For breakfast? Yuck. (Maybe I am twelve, after all :))

Second reason: I like the idea of a detox to see whether other foods affect me negatively (I've been gluten-free for more than a year, and felt much better when I removed wheat from my diet).

I've read It Starts with Food and Well Fed and am following the week 1 plan from The Clothes Make the Girl. I'm just going to take it one day at a time and do my best.

So, day 0 was actually yesterday (2/3).

Day 1 of my first Whole30 and I am... :( (not sure about all this).

Archived