My Favorite Salad Dressing: Whole30 Balsamic Vinaigrette

JohannaE

Start by making this date paste.  This is an awesome way to "prep" your dates to add to sauces and dressings.  Then combine one part date paste, one part almond butter or tahini and two parts balsamic vinegar.  Add water to thin to your desired consistency.  In general, 1T date paste, 1T almond butter and 2T balsamic + water will be a good amount for one person.

• 8 months later...

That sounds good I have a dressing I Love for seared tuna salad or an Asian salad of any kind. 1 inch piece of ginger minced+ 2 green onions chopped + juice of one lemon or lime about a quarter cup of coconut aminos two table spoons of light olive oil and a sprinkling of sesame seeds. 

Question I just had on it... proper storage device.  I'm using a Ken's Steakhouse Dressing bottle because I can pop the top off fill it then cap it and shake the heck out of it and I only get small amounts out of it with the top on and don't drench things with dressing.  But it is plastic.  

Reading up on olive oils and such I have switched to the more expensive dark glass ones that are less exposed to light (and try to grab ones near the back of the shelf that are more shaded), but should I change the bottle I use for dressing as well?  Maybe glass bottle with plastic cap instead?  or is there a good glass/metal bottle?  

I don't want to make a mess when shaking the heck out of the bottle to emulsify the oil.  

Archived