Basic recipe FAILS....

Lori2882

I also can't make a whole 30 pot roast that I like.  Sorry, I cannot stand the coffee grind and/or cocoa recipes out there.  I like pot roast in the old fashion completely unhealthy way, and I haven't successfully made one to recreate it. So pot roast is not a dish in our house b/c I'm tired of tossing out big hunks of meat.

How do you cook pot roast the "old fashion" way?  I have a crock pot recipe and an oven recipe, and both are good and taste just like regular old roast beef. 

In a crockpot with a mix of cream of mushroom soup, dried onion soup mix, a pot roast seasoning mix, and beef broth.  The gravy it produces, and the flavor that it put into the potatoes and carrots (also in the crock pot with the meat) is so good, but not something I've been able to recreate in a Paleo fashion. At least not without a lot of work. Pot roast isn't that high on my list that I would go through exhaustive efforts to find a way to flavor it with a rich gravy in a compliant fashion.  Pot roast, otherwise, isn't very appealing to me.

Archived