J6 Reintro Thread

mk_hammer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing non-gluten grains today. Had a weird quinoa breakfast cereal thing at breakfast. Didn't finish it, but hopefully had enough to have an effect on my body (if it will affect me at all).

I cooked some rice pasta to have with my lunch. That stuff is whack ... it was all crumbly when it was done. I cooked it for the maximum time on the box (7 minutes) because it was still hard and uncooked after the lower time (5 minutes). I figure I can do without pasta if that's the alternative...

I've also got corn on the cob for dinner. We'll see how it goes!

What are we supposed to look out for? Digestive issues? Cause (and this might border into TMI, so forgive me) ever since I had my gall bladder out, my digestion has been ... unpredictable (to say the least). Regardless of how squeaky clean and consistent my diet is, I can never predict what's going to happen ... I'm either stopped up or running to the bathroom every hour or so. With that being said ... I won't really be able to tell if the reintroed foods are causing digestive issues for me.

Other signs we should be looking out for??

Breakouts (pimples), skin conditions, sinus issues (especially with dairy?), energy loss, gut pain (unless this is also part of your lack-of-gall bladder issue), inflammation, joint pain, puffiness. I saw one person had a burning sensation after having dairy...turns out that's an allergic reaction. I think basically anything that has lessened or gone away over the last 30 days that makes a reappearance, or anything new.

I am also gall-bladder free, and have a very unpredictable gut. I'm hoping another 30 days on this will help me become if not normal, at least a little bit more so. :-) My sister has wanted me to travel to Europe with her for years and I have always said no because I'm so scared I'll be completely constipated, and then all of a sudden have a huge urge to go (I have a rectocele), or downright diarrhea. Maybe in a month or two I'll feel like I can actually go places! Yippee!! Hope it's okay that I'm on this forum even though I'm not reintroducing yet.

I had plain full fat yogurt for breakfast. It wasn't long before I headed to the bathroom. It may be the fat as I don't have a gall bladder, I am lactose intolerant but yogurt is not supposed to have lactose. That's it for me I am not introducing cheese as it may stall the fat loss. Sugar and grains are definitely not coming back. I will continue as long as it takes to lose these extra pounds that have been hanging around too long

Good luck to all

So I had a weird lunch. Had chocolate chili planned, so I ate that. I'm also reintroing non-gluten grains, so I had some rice pasta (gluten free) with a little marinara. It wasn't very good. The texture of the pasta is ... off.

It's been around 30 mins, and I'm not feeling so hot. I mean, I don't think I'll do the rice pasta again because it's WHACK, but I don't know if my stomach weirdness has anything to do with the grains? Weird.

A note on reintroductions...don't look just for physical symptoms, look for psychological ones as well. Almost all of my short term reactions were emotional in nature - foods with no brakes issues/unusual cravings/mood changes. My physical symptoms only come with long term exposure (as I learned by a lot of holiday offroading and a subsequent return to afternoon brain fog).

I have had an interesting physical reaction to dairy--more visits to the bathroom. And I feel tight in my belly. Uncomfortable almost.

I have no desire to have any more dairy tonight, honestly. And although I have had more sugar today than in the last 30 days, my brain isn't chomping at the bit for it. I am monitoring my thoughts religiously to see if they start to talk to me about sugar. If they do, I will know that what I am eating is having that kind of effect on me.

Right now I just want to go back to eating whole30!! This whole uncomfortable belly is not cool! I am not a baby cow!

Reintroducing dairy today. Already noticing phlegm issues. I want to go through the whole reintro process even though I kind of already know what I need to do. Dairy will be out after today.

Thanks mk for starting this thread. I enjoyed the other thread during the 30 days, & this should be good too.

Hang in there everybody

Hey there J6ers.  After a successful w30 I decided to try a structured re-intro phase. I did a w30 last year and just added back foods without a plan and I eventually found myself eating things that didn't make me feel well. No gluten for me going forward, I already know how it makes me feel, not worth it. I started with non gluten grains yesterday. Will be strict for 3 days and go dairy on Saturday. The entire W30 I was missing my red wine (mommy juice as we call it around here!) . Had a long shift at work yesterday, big snow storm here with a rough ride home- the hubs had a glass waiting for me at the door when I got in. "no thanks, I'm good" and I passed.  Will wait to enjoy it with a good meal rather that chugging it down because I am stressed and tired. Love W30!! 

Ok- don't need 3 servings of dairy in a day. Reintroed dairy yesterday, & paying for it today. I think I could handle dairy in small amounts, but not at every meal.

I also have cut out nuts. Did some during W30, but it was too easy for a "snack".

Back to clean eating today- we'll see what day 4 brings!

reintroduced full fat greek yogurt for breakfast, and already feel bloated.  Yogurt with fruit used to be my go-to breakfast because it is portable and easy to bring to work. Guess all the meal prep I have learned will have to be used for breakfast from here on out.

honeybadger -- doesn't it feel good to be able to pass up something that you know you don't need any more? :D

Edited to add: I'm surprised I didn't have more issues with dairy. I know that when I go from no dairy to daily dairy, it causes gut issues (have done that experiment before, and never again, thank you), but I wasn't too affected by my dairy on Tuesday.

I had a few issues with my latte, but cheese had the biggest reaction. I am not the biggest fan of cheese anyways, so cutting that out entirely isn't a big deal to me. I had a bit of ice cream last night and that was the one that my body handled the best. Ha ha ha. Of course. I made my husband finish the pint I bought because I didn't want it in the house. I don't feel a craving for it at all. 

Saturday I introduce legumes. Peanut butter will be happening!

Hi all,

I am unable to follow the reintro rules as I am leaving for Mexico next week for a 2 week all-inclusive vacation.  Although my food choices will be vast, they will also be mostly mystery dishes and I did not want to find out that "x" makes me ill while on vacation.  So, I reintroduced dairy & bread yesterday to no real ill effects.  Tomorrow I will have a glass of wine.    I know this is not in the spirit of the program but I also know from previous holidays in Mexico that I will often live on salad, fruit, bread & cheese and, of course, wine (its all inclusive!).  When I started the Whole30 I didn't have the book yet and didn't realize there was this "reinto" period otherwise I might have waited until after my vacation.

However, I am pretty sure i do not have any real food sensitivities (physically speaking) but as Bethany mentioned previously, I do have emotional issues with food.  I am hoping that what I have learned about myself since January 6th will help me avoid the fresh pasta line and the fresh waffle station line while in Mexico.   It also always helps that I spend my days in a bathing suit while there - if that is not motiviation to eat clean nothing is!!

Hope post 30 is going well with everyone!  Day 30 I got a chest cold.  It has really taken a toll on me.  Still eating compliant food, but not as hungry.   I'm not going to do reintroduction because I don't think I need Soy, Dairy, Legumes or Grains as part of my daily plan.  I re-read It Starts With Food again, well the part of life after 30.   I'm going to allow myself a small treat when it calls for it.   I'm not doing 80/20 because I know for that me it will be a slippery slope.    

Good luck everyone!  Headed to Maui for a week starting Saturday.  I'll check back in when I'm back!

Kelly

Archived