J6 Reintro Thread

mk_hammer

I suck...I totally fell off the wagon and for some reason have been sugar crazy!!!!!  How was I able to say no for 30 days and then go crazy...ugg so frustrated!!!!!!!!!  I need to get my stuff together!!!!

Don't be too hard on yourself!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My head hurts! It started yesterday evening. I do not think it has anything to to with dairy but more with a visit to IKEA and lifting heavy furniture packages onto carts, into the car and lugging them around. Plus my children wanted to be held and carried all afternoon and evening as well. All muscles in my neck, shoulders and arms hurt as well. I rubbed Japanese mint oil into my neck and shoulders and will move on to tiger balm later, that always helps sore muscles.

But just to be on the safe side I will do another dairy day next week after having finished my other reintroductions.

So today is the last day of my extended W30.  Something amazing happened this morning.  When I was getting dressed I looked down for something and realized that I can no longer see my stomach poking out past my boobs.  WHAT?!?!?!?  It has been YEARS since that has happened!!!  I wasn't even sucking in!!!  What a way to finish off this month-ish of eating well!  Hope everyone is doing good.  I'm going to try to plan out my re-intro today and decide what I will be indulging in tomorrow on Valentine's Day!  :-)

So today is the last day of my extended W30.  Something amazing happened this morning.  When I was getting dressed I looked down for something and realized that I can no longer see my stomach poking out past my boobs.  WHAT?!?!?!?  It has been YEARS since that has happened!!!  I wasn't even sucking in!!!  What a way to finish off this month-ish of eating well!  Hope everyone is doing good.  I'm going to try to plan out my re-intro today and decide what I will be indulging in tomorrow on Valentine's Day!  :-)

That's what I'm talking about!! Great job!! It's awesome to see the physical manifestation of all of our hard work. :)

Hey, y'all! Checking in. Reintro'd legumes yesterday, and no issues. Had peanut butter in the morning, and I added black beans to my chocolate chili for lunch. I don't think legumes are going to be an issue for me, so I'll include them occasionally.

I still have to reintro dairy. Hopefully I'll do that this weekend after I'm able to get out of my snowy/icy neighborhood!

Lost another 2 lbs this week, which is super awesome. I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale number, but I do want to lose about 50 more lbs, so it's nice to see. My hubs just finished his W30, and he lost 34 POUNDS. That's right ... THIRTY-FOUR POUNDS. It's amazing, but also frustrating that men can lose it so easily! It's hard to be 100% happy without my green-eyed monster coming out, but I'm working on it.

Hope everyone is doing well and still trucking along!!

I suck...I totally fell off the wagon and for some reason have been sugar crazy!!!!!  How was I able to say no for 30 days and then go crazy...ugg so frustrated!!!!!!!!!  I need to get my stuff together!!!!

For Sabrinak & the rest of us ( especially #10)

http://www.rubiesandradishes.com/2013/05/10/30-paleo-tips-tricks-to-live-by

Hello J6'ers and a few tag-a-longs!

Today is #33 for me with dairy this past Tuesday.  I did ok with a little h&h in my coffee (HEAVEN), and a whey post workout smoothie.   I know, no smoothies, but I wanted to try whey.  I did great and I think I will be supplementing with whey post workout most days (super quick, and easy to take with to the gym).  However, my ice cream treat ~ not so good.  I woke to diarrhea.  I am not surprised by this at all :mellow: .  So I will do h&h as a coffee treat once or twice a week when out for coffee, and no ice cream or cheese or other dairy.

Tomorrow, gluten.

Lovin' Paleo! :wub:

Sabrinak ~ we all fall off the wagon, and from what I can tell, all of us are a great group of people.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  The past is passed!  Onward.

Hello J6'ers and a few tag-a-longs!

Today is #33 for me with dairy this past Tuesday.  I did ok with a little h&h in my coffee (HEAVEN), and a whey post workout smoothie.   I know, no smoothies, but I wanted to try whey.  I did great and I think I will be supplementing with whey post workout most days (super quick, and easy to take with to the gym).  However, my ice cream treat ~ not so good.  I woke to diarrhea.  I am not surprised by this at all :mellow: .  So I will do h&h as a coffee treat once or twice a week when out for coffee, and no ice cream or cheese or other dairy.

Tomorrow, gluten.

Lovin' Paleo! :wub:

Give yourself 2 clean days before you try gluten.

Smoothies after your W30 are completely up to you. I'm post W30 and I do post workout smoothies but I don't use them for anything else.

Give yourself 2 clean days before you try gluten.

Smoothies after your W30 are completely up to you. I'm post W30 and I do post workout smoothies but I don't use them for anything else.

I did dairy Tuesday, but I did have a whey this morning.  Otherwise no dairy.  Can I still do gluten tomorrow?

I did dairy Tuesday, but I did have a whey this morning.  Otherwise no dairy.  Can I still do gluten tomorrow?

You will get the best results if you have two clean days in between to ensure that if you have a reaction it is because of what you are introducing and not a latent reaction from something else. It is up to you of course, this is just what we recommend.

mk_hammer, I had Haagen Dazs chocolate chocolate chip. It has sugar in it, of course, but no soy and no corn (in the form of high fructose corn syrup). If you don't mind the sugar part, you can check out the flavors and ingredient list here. Some are more compliant than others (I clicked several, and it looks like chocolate, chocolate chocolate chip, and coffee, and maybe cherry vanilla are pretty OK).

When I was looking for my ice cream, Ben & Jerry's had soy & corn. There are other brands I didn't check...but HD is readily available at Kroger. *shrug*

I'm not doing reintro yet because I'm just too happy with what I've been doing. That being said, I did give myself permission to have one slice of pizza and one breadstick at a party at work last week. Lessons learned...pizza is food with no brakes for me, it causes inflammation (my back pain came back after being gone for about 2 weeks), I've been hungry between meals again, and the sugar dragon came back. So sadly, my favorite food will be a rarity now. I did make some Meatza from Well Fed and although I liked it, it was hard to watch my boyfriend and son eating the real pizza I had made them. : (. 

I did manage to stay compliant during the ice storm this week even though we could not leave for two days. I used Sunday to prepare and I am glad I did. It makes life so much easier. It's just going to be miserable when Spring gets here and I want to be hiking on the weekends instead of in the kitchen.

Ok my extended W30 is complete and totals are in: 13 lbs and 16 inches!!! What?!?! Holy cow!!! Plus now I can cross my legs again, I can no longer see my belly poking out in front of my boobs while standing up, I have energy galore, my mood is a hundred times better, I am actually hungry in the mornings now, and I just feel better all over. Thank you Whole 30! You have made me a believer!!!

Huuulooooo out there!!! OMG do I feel FANtastic!!!...still going super strong...sleeping better and better, running faster stronger & longer, mood is great...happy brain ...happy brain!!!! Clothing is fitting better...thinking of a NEW Spring wardrobe...so ready to donate my "bigger girl clothes...lol" Snow??? Ice????...What is that?? Well I got to run a whopping 3 times outdoors this month...not liking the treadmill...BUT it gets the job done. So glad you all are still keeping in touch...gonna peek around and  see how everyone is doing.

Ok my extended W30 is complete and totals are in: 13 lbs and 16 inches!!! What?!?! Holy cow!!! Plus now I can cross my legs again, I can no longer see my belly poking out in front of my boobs while standing up, I have energy galore, my mood is a hundred times better, I am actually hungry in the mornings now, and I just feel better all over. Thank you Whole 30! You have made me a believer!!!

WOW that is so awesome!!! I can totally relate...glad you are a believer!!! Congrats!!!!! Sklane!

I've been there WAY too many times myself...you DO NOT suck...it feels suckie!!! FOR SURE!! What do you think happened? How are you feeling now? Better?

Hey, y'all! Checking in. Reintro'd legumes yesterday, and no issues. Had peanut butter in the morning, and I added black beans to my chocolate chili for lunch. I don't think legumes are going to be an issue for me, so I'll include them occasionally.

I still have to reintro dairy. Hopefully I'll do that this weekend after I'm able to get out of my snowy/icy neighborhood!

Lost another 2 lbs this week, which is super awesome. I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale number, but I do want to lose about 50 more lbs, so it's nice to see. My hubs just finished his W30, and he lost 34 POUNDS. That's right ... THIRTY-FOUR POUNDS. It's amazing, but also frustrating that men can lose it so easily! It's hard to be 100% happy without my green-eyed monster coming out, but I'm working on it.

Hope everyone is doing well and still trucking along!!

Yeah it is SO not fair how men loose weight so much faster...AND they can EAT MORE!! hmmm what is up with that?? Yay for you MK hammer!!! You rock girl!!!  :D

Hi, checking in after a fewdays of not being here.

I have the flu and boy is it ever so unpleasant!:( My son brought it home from school Thursday, i got it in the night to Sunday and yestersay evening my daughter got it. Only my husband is still healthy, and not travelling this week, so he'll be able to take the children to the doctor.

Ugh, how I hate this fever and the headache and the feeling sick!

I managed to stay compliant though in the sense of not having anything besides eggs and bananas. No way can I force down meat,when I am feeling so sick, I find it difficult enough on normal days. But scrambled eggs and bananas are just about tolerable.

Reintroduced gluten on Saturday, and it was ok I think, I do believe this sickness is not carb-flu but normal flu that is going round. But in any case I will do another gluten reintro day later in the week to evaluate it better.

Hopefully everybody is healthy!!!

Fell off the bike this weekend. Do not regret it one bit. Paid for it, with the gluten going whacko on my emotions, but no regrets as it was all delicious and a conscious choice.

I'm going to eat clean this week, and then on the weekend I'll do a rice or corn reintro -- probably rice, as I bought rice noodles especially for my reintro. it was actually kind of a relief to be back to eating good food this morning (I did for supper last night as well, but it was leftovers and wasn't as good as it could have been).

Hi fellow J6ers! I just wanted to share my experience with re-intros. Testing one food type at a time and evaluating the results is great for discovering allergies and intolerances. I found out that I am fine with gluten, dairy, soy - meaning that I don't suffer a reaction from occasional indulgences.

However, after about 10 days of mostly clean paleo eats, but with some regular off-roading (I was on vacation) I was feeling less amazing. My tummy started swelling up again, I was feeling my intestines complaining. I have ulcerative colitis, and I think for me I need to be fairly strict to keep inflammation down, although I don't have any immediate negative reactions to the foods.

Glad to have found this thread with J6'ers continuing on!  I fell off track for about a week, enjoying some creamer in my coffee, and I even had some pizza... eek!  The pizza surprisingly didn't make me feel bad, though the dairy from the creamer upsets my stomach and leaves me feeling bloated... back to black it is!

100% clean eating starts again today, and I may introduce legume's this weekend to see how that goes.  Amazing how it feels to be so aware of your body and how things affect it.

I lost 15lbs & most notable 4.5" from my waist in the first 30 days.   :blink:

I am now on antibiotics for strep throat, ear infection and sinus infection.:(

No wonder I was feeling miserable. I had some potatoes as well as egg and avocado and banana, as I have a kind of morning sickness which makes all kinds of foods nearly intolerable. But just feeling like morning sickness, I'm not actually pregnant.

I hope,the antibiotics will kick in soon!!!

Does anybody have any experience with antibiotics during Whole30 and reintroduction phase? Today would have been legumes for me, but no, just the thought is nauseating!

My son is very sick as well, and my daughter is on the way, so my husband got a sick note from the pediatrician to take care of us as I have a sick note as well and cannot take care of the children. Gotta love the German healthcare system!!!

Archived