J6 Reintro Thread

mk_hammer

Hey, y'all. So, I love oatmeal. I decided to have it for breakfast the last 3 days, and I'm sad to say that I think I need to cut it out. I'm feeling kind of bloated, and I'm lethargic. The only difference is the oatmeal.

There is a gluten free oatmeal by Bob's Red Mill, but I can't seem to find it online except for in bulk. I'd hate to buy a whole crap load of it only to find out that it doesn't do well for me, either.

I thought I might be able to get away from having meat and veggies in the morning. Sad times. :(

I love oatmeal too!!! BUT it does not feel the same way about me!! Oatmeal is (ahemm was) my comfort food...toss in a slab of butter and a couple scoops of sugar....ahhhhh all is right with the world...FOR a little while...then I'm either still hungry...OR ready for a nap-e-pooh!!  hohummm...I DO feel your pain!!! Well if you buy the bulk...and hate it...you can always give it to ???? a horse??? They eat oats right??? :huh:  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey fellow J6ers!  So I have discovered that I am extremely sensitive to gluten.  Like, horribly makes me sick sensitive to gluten.  I did a little bit of ice cream the other day, but I already had a bit of a stomach virus, so I couldn't tell if the ice cream made me have stomach issues or if it was just the stomach virus.  I guess I got a freebie on that ice cream.  It makes me sad about gluten, because I really miss bread.  So getting more into the health side of W30 - does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to heal the gut?  I've read up to 2 years - but that seems so long!  What can we do aside from eating clean to help heal quicker? 

Bonus - I have lost 19.5 inches and 20 lbs as of 3/12 (my 32nd birthday)!  Happy birthday to me!  :-D  I am back into jeans and pants I haven't worn in oh - 2 or 3 years - and people are really starting to notice and comment on how I'm losing weight.  Feels good!  I still have a ways to go, but my focus has now turned more towards health and healing my broken body than my weight.  Crazy how this journey has changed my perspective.  And I'm just starting still!!!  I'm loving W30 and my new life style.  I made home made beef bone broth this weekend and got 6 beautiful dark pints full of nutrient dense wonderfulness.  I can't wait to use it in my next batch of Chocolate Chili!!!

hi guys,

I've never been overweight and have always been very active but I still found it quite difficult to maintain a healthy weight. Long time before I embarked on a paleo-friendly ketogenic diet, I've been experimenting with fad diets including calorie-restricted, vegan and even juice-based diets. Such unhealthy dieting made my body sick and left me with damaged metabolism and under-active thyroid. please tips me about this.

Archived