J6 Reintro Thread

mk_hammer

I am now on antibiotics for strep throat, ear infection and sinus infection. :(

No wonder I was feeling miserable. I had some potatoes as well as egg and avocado and banana, as I have a kind of morning sickness which makes all kinds of foods nearly intolerable. But just feeling like morning sickness, I'm not actually pregnant.

I hope,the antibiotics will kick in soon!!!

Does anybody have any experience with antibiotics during Whole30 and reintroduction phase? Today would have been legumes for me, but no, just the thought is nauseating!

My son is very sick as well, and my daughter is on the way, so my husband got a sick note from the pediatrician to take care of us as I have a sick note as well and cannot take care of the children. Gotta love the German healthcare system!!!

I would put your reintroductions on hold until you are feeling better. To keep your good bacteria up try and up your intake of probiotic rich foods like raw sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi, etc. I would advice bone broth as well and try to stay as compliant as you can. Maybe make some veggie soups that you can puree so you can get them down easier.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had gluten on Saturday - a wonderful Italian dinner out and enjoyed a piece of bread & some pasta with my veal. It tasted delicious. But I slept poorly with a tummy ache & I was hot flashy. It made me realize I haven't had a hot flash in a long time!!! Like the whole time I did whole30. Today was supposed to other grains, but I don't want any. So I think I'll do legumes (PEANUT BUTTER) tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a clean, store-bought ice cream I can buy for my dairy reintro day?

Did you have your ice cream? I got coffee & vanilla bean Haagen Daas. All Haagen Daas is clean minus the sugar. It was wonderful, but it did upset my stomach. So sad! Lol

Did you have your ice cream? I got coffee & vanilla bean Haagen Daas. All Haagen Daas is clean minus the sugar. It was wonderful, but it did upset my stomach. So sad! Lol

Yes, I Did! Also Had Haagen Dazs (Chocolate For Me). I Got One Of Those Tiny Single Serving Ones.I Didnt Really Have Tummy Issues, But I Am Happy To Report Thay I Didnt Enjoy It Very Much! It Was Just Entirely Too Sweet. So Happy I No Longer Miss It!

Next Time I Have A Sweet Treat, It Def Won't Be Store Bought Ice Cream ... It'll Be Something Awesome Like A Gourmet Doughnut :-)

PS - I'm On My Phone, And I Have No Idea Why Every Word Is Being Capitalized. SO WEIRD.

Yes, I Did! Also Had Haagen Dazs (Chocolate For Me). I Got One Of Those Tiny Single Serving Ones.I Didnt Really Have Tummy Issues, But I Am Happy To Report Thay I Didnt Enjoy It Very Much! It Was Just Entirely Too Sweet. So Happy I No Longer Miss It!

Next Time I Have A Sweet Treat, It Def Won't Be Store Bought Ice Cream ... It'll Be Something Awesome Like A Gourmet Doughnut :-)

PS - I'm On My Phone, And I Have No Idea Why Every Word Is Being Capitalized. SO WEIRD.

I'm on my iPad, and your stuff came through with normal capitalization.

EvaK -- You're having such a hard time! A W30 sandwiched by sickness. :(

Also, not all Haagen Dazs is clean. A lot of the basic flavors are, but you'll want to watch anything with additional things (bananas foster, vanilla swiss almond). That's why I was shocked to find the chocolate chocolate chip -- I figured the chocolate chips would have soy or corn syrup, but they didn't.

mk_hammer - I'm jealous! I wish it had been too sweet for me. Instead it was no-brakes. *sigh*

Hi- need some help with suggestions of portable food I can pack for my upcoming trip. Will be flying part & driving part.

Also Atlanta friends, can you suggest any restaurants or good food markets near the Westin Peachtree?

I want to try to eat as well as I can while I am there. Have been off roading a little this week( stressing about the family part of this trip).

Eating better yesterday & today. Making some bacon wrapped dates & some chicken pad Thai for tonight .

Thanks for the help!!

PaleoGardner, there's a Publix & Kroger close-ish, but it'll be a cab ride, not a walk.

Durango's Steakhouse is good, but I've not eaten there on a W30, so I can't speak to their clean-foodedness. There's a Fire of Brazil there too, but I've not eaten there.

Everything else I'm familiar with in that area is either fast food or not-great (for a W30-esqe diet).

Portable foods:

dried fruit

jerky

cans of tuna or salmon or sardines

nuts

carrots hold up pretty well outside the fridge

I would put your reintroductions on hold until you are feeling better. To keep your good bacteria up try and up your intake of probiotic rich foods like raw sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi, etc. I would advice bone broth as well and try to stay as compliant as you can. Maybe make some veggie soups that you can puree so you can get them down easier.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you Bethany!

I drink lots of chicken soup which makes me feel better. The nausea is still not completely gone though.

Might try the pureed veggie soup tomorrow, it might work!

EvaK -- You're having such a hard time! A W30 sandwiched by sickness. :(

Also, not all Haagen Dazs is clean. A lot of the basic flavors are, but you'll want to watch anything with additional things (bananas foster, vanilla swiss almond). That's why I was shocked to find the chocolate chocolate chip -- I figured the chocolate chips would have soy or corn syrup, but they didn't.

mk_hammer - I'm jealous! I wish it had been too sweet for me. Instead it was no-brakes. *sigh*

Awww!! I didn't know that!  Sorry for mis-speaking!  All the ones I read were, but I didn't read all of them.  Anyway, it will be a rare treat for me.  My tummy disagrees with my tastebuds.

So I had planned on legumes yesterday, but my son called and said, "Sushi, my treat?"  I can't turn down my boy.  He is leaving Saturday for spring training after being home (off & on, but on this side of the country) since October.  I'm going to miss that kid SO MUCH!!!

But back to reintro ~ I hadn't had other grains yet, so I thought I'd splurge and have sushi.  White rice probably wasn't the best choice, but I did it anyway.  If any of you like sushi, you know it's easy to overeat.  So I had a few handrolls, ate them slowly and thoroughly enjoyed them.  But I was full and somewhat gassy after.  After being off grains, I have no desire to eat them on a regular basis.  But occassionally I will go ahead and have sushi as I really do love it.  I'm not saying I'll never have oatmeal or rice or what have you, but I won't be craving it, and I will continue to sub it out for veggies when out to dinner.

Peanut butter in a couple days I guess!  Can't wait.

@Sabrina - You are not alone!  As soon as I tried dairy, with HD Coffee ice cream, my sugar dragon came back with a vengeance!  I spent a few days indulging and feeling like crap.  I think it became a forbidden fruit for me and I just had to rebel for bit. 

Now, I'm finally back on track and plan to eat clean for a week before I try any more reintros, except for Friday night, we're going out to dinner.  Unfortunately, I think sugar is going to be the hardest thing for me to deal with. The other stuff, I don't miss very much if at all. So, I'm back to our forum to get some support and remind myself of what is important.  

Reading about everyone's successes and commiserating with the failures really helps.  Thank you, fellow J6ers!

Still haven't started reintros yet.  Really enjoying the benefits of being on plan and kinda hate to do reintros and open the door for poor eating.  DH and I are going out to dinner Saturday for his birthday/our anniversary.  I may veer off plan a little but am going to do my best to stay on plan while we are out.  Just wanted to check in with everyone and say hi!  :-)

Hi everyone! The run-down:

Gluten gives me gas and makes me feel extremely sluggish.  

Cheese gives me a tummy ache--like it's just sitting in a big ball right in my gut.  

I can tolerate non-gluten grains pretty well.

I have coconut milk in my coffee as a treat now--black the rest of the time!  The cream just didn't taste as good as I thought and it's definitely not worth the headache.

Plain milk--nope, that's not going to happen anymore (look out if you're nearby and I've had it...) :ph34r:

I've been off-roading here and there, but sticking mostly to the W30 way.  I initially re-gained 3 pounds (not surprising), but I weighed yesterday, and it has melted back off!  Happy Saturday--off to pick up my packet for the Shamrock Run: Yippee! (pretty sure the car bombs we ingest  after the race are NOT compliant, but I'm going to indulge and celebrate with my best best girlfriends!)

oh man, y'all. I am off roading like a mofo. I cannot seem to get my s*&! together. I have let myself indulge almost every day and I can't seem to be able to tell myself no anymore. Everyone around me was so impressed with my self control during my 35 days, and it's almost like I've totally rebelled now; I'm eating everything. It's like I never had any rules at all! The only solution I have is to just go back to strict whole30 compliant eating and tell my brain to shut up.

If i've learned one thing, it's that my body hates hates hates dairy, more than gluten I think. I'm so glad to have that info now. I feel a bit more in control.

I don't know what day this is... I started on January 12. I've done dairy (gas & tummy ache), gluten - tummy & didn't sleep well. I woke up with hot flashes which I hadn't had in forever. Sushi - white rice, bloated and full, but I love sushi so I will indulge on the rare occasion we go to sushi. Finally today I am going to have peanut butter. I love peanut butter, A LOT!! So I hope I'm ok with it!

I feel fantastic, and I am sold this is the best way for me to eat.

I however did not lose weight. But I was probably too liberal with fat & some portions. But I only have about 4-5lbs I could see go, but all my clothes fit so I'm not stressing about it. So I am just reigning in on the portions for now.

Hi everyone! The run-down:

Gluten gives me gas and makes me feel extremely sluggish.  

Cheese gives me a tummy ache--like it's just sitting in a big ball right in my gut.  

I can tolerate non-gluten grains pretty well.

I have coconut milk in my coffee as a treat now--black the rest of the time!  The cream just didn't taste as good as I thought and it's definitely not worth the headache.

Plain milk--nope, that's not going to happen anymore (look out if you're nearby and I've had it...) :ph34r:

I've been off-roading here and there, but sticking mostly to the W30 way.  I initially re-gained 3 pounds (not surprising), but I weighed yesterday, and it has melted back off!  Happy Saturday--off to pick up my packet for the Shamrock Run: Yippee! (pretty sure the car bombs we ingest  after the race are NOT compliant, but I'm going to indulge and celebrate with my best best girlfriends!)

Yay to the post celebratory Shamrock Run!!! :P

Hey all!! Been awhile BUT all still is going amazingly well!! My runs are getting better and better...sleeping like a babe! Grad school is absolutely nuts...working full time & per-diem...clinical 2 days a week...lecture and megga traveling and megga NJ traffic!!! BUT still taking the time to squeeze in granddaughter time, family time and friends (more like calls and texts these days) I would not be accomplishing what I am accomplishing now if my head was still lost in the YOU NAME IT ???  sauce so to speak! I am exhausted but sleeping well and wake up feeling refreshed to KEEP on GOING!!! In the end I will be an APN with my DNP...and feeling fantastic physically and mentally!!! Keep going strong all!!! Keep in touch!! :D I've lost count of how many days but W30 since J6!!!! yay me!! 

Side note: I really thought I would miss the red wine...truth is... it just set me up for craving sugar BIG TIME!!! It also caused me to sleep poorly and made my heart go speedy & filppy. So for me...it JUST isn't worth waking up the sleeping sugar dragon (which NEVER ENDS WELL :huh: ).          

Hey, y'all. So, I love oatmeal. I decided to have it for breakfast the last 3 days, and I'm sad to say that I think I need to cut it out. I'm feeling kind of bloated, and I'm lethargic. The only difference is the oatmeal.

There is a gluten free oatmeal by Bob's Red Mill, but I can't seem to find it online except for in bulk. I'd hate to buy a whole crap load of it only to find out that it doesn't do well for me, either.

I thought I might be able to get away from having meat and veggies in the morning. Sad times. :(

I've been offroading and learning lessons along the way.

Ice cream = no brakes.

Gluten = emotional wreck, lots of tears and crying.

Fast food (burger, fries, soda...yeah I know.) = very poor sleep, crabby the next day

One thing I'm trying to do when I offroad is be conscious and deliberate about it. The more experiences I have, the more information I'll have about how food affects my body and my moods, and the better I'll be able to weigh the consequences versus the "need" for whatever it is I'm considering.

Good morning fellow J6'ers!  I reintroed corn via corn tortillas on Sunday night.  Bad news Lucille...corn is not my friend.  It felt like a brick in my stomach immediately after the meal and I had horrible stomach cramps that night.  The next day after eating a compliant breakfast and lunch, I felt nauseated all afternoon and evening with some serious digestive noises coming from my intestines.  But, on the bright side, I have discovered Coconut Ice Cream!  Totally not food-without-breaks for me and a nice treat when everyone else is having cupcakes and real ice cream with dairy and refined sugar.  I made it through DH birthday and our anniversary without cheating!  Woohoo!  This way of eating has become just normal to me now.  It is not hard to refuse bad foods anymore.  And bonus...a coworker commented on how she can tell I'm losing weight.  YES!!!  :D

Archived