Coconut water....

4lisafh

I have a bottle of Kambucha in my fridge, I bought it about a week ago, but I'm intimidated and haven't tried it yet! My vegan daughter feels the same - I tried to get her to try it first, and she refused. :blink: Maybe I should ask my son to try it - he'll eat/drink just about anything. hah!

GT's Enlightened Organic Raw Kambucha (original flavor) is what I've got.

I have a bottle of Kambucha in my fridge, I bought it about a week ago, but I'm intimidated and haven't tried it yet! My vegan daughter feels the same - I tried to get her to try it first, and she refused. :blink: Maybe I should ask my son to try it - he'll eat/drink just about anything. hah!

GT's Enlightened Organic Raw Kambucha (original flavor) is what I've got.

I haven't tried the original flavor yet, but had GT's Citrus flavor this morning and it was yummy. I just switched to the GT's this weekend after I discovered my beloved farmer's market brand had too much sugar. The Gingerade flavor is good too

I would love for a moderator to chime in on this.

I work outside in this never-ending heat wave that we're having in St Louis. I used to drink an occasional Powerade Zero to replace electrolytes, but I've switched to vita-coco. It's very refreshing and hydrating. I only have maybe a couple a week, when I've really been working up a sweat. It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be allowed. Especially since fruit usually has more than 15 carbs.

I love kombucha. I used to make my own, and I'm considering buying another scoby online. I wonder if it's really Whole 30 approved, though? I know the theory is the sugar is consumed by the "mushroom," but it still tastes pretty sweet to me. Short of letting it turn into vinegar, can I really be sure it's a sugar-free product?

Paleo Farm Girl -

I'm in Springfield, and this heat is ridiculous.

In that context, and since it's summer and fruit is highly appropriate at this time of year, you're fine to drink it. Just make sure you aren't replacing your regular water intake with coconut water and that you aren't using it to feed your Sugar Dragon. To replace electrolytes on the days you aren't drinking coconut water, you can always add a pinch of salt to your plain water or opt for a mineral water.

I love Kombucha especially the original and the multi green ones. There is another thread here about Kombucha and the ones that are lower in sugars (2gr) were listed as ok. that link is here

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/198-kombucha/page__hl__kombucha

I haven't tried to make my own yet, but it's tempting as $40 a box(12) is kinda steep for me. Any suggestions on making my own. I googled the procedure and am going to find some of my mom's old glass jars to make it in. Any good places to get a scoby online?

• 3 weeks later...

I love Kombucha especially the original and the multi green ones. There is another thread here about Kombucha and the ones that are lower in sugars (2gr) were listed as ok. that link is here

http://forum.whole9l...e__hl__kombucha

I haven't tried to make my own yet, but it's tempting as $40 a box(12) is kinda steep for me. Any suggestions on making my own. I googled the procedure and am going to find some of my mom's old glass jars to make it in. Any good places to get a scoby online?

Hey there! Make your own scoby! SO easy!! I was brewing Kombucha all last summer and over the winter I was gone for a few weeks and then didn't get back in the swing of it. But, about to start again. To grow your own mother scoby take a SUPER CLEAN large jar, grab 1 bottle of GTs ORIGINAL Kobmucha. Pour the GTs in the jar, cover with a cloth and secure with a rubber band (I used a scrap piece of soft t-shirt that wasn't linty). Let your Kombucha in the jar sit for a week to 10 days to 2 weeks on the counter in a warmish but not too hot place with air flow but out of direct sun light. You should see a Scoby form. Then you can keep the scoby and a little bit of that fluid and brew a new batch....that way you know where your scoby came from and you didn't over pay (plus you can grab a few extra bottles at the store to enjoy while you wait for scoby to grow for the same price as ordering one online! :)

Archived