Carrageenan mistake - start over?

Lisabug

So I was reading my "it starts with food" this morning and came to the section prohibiting carrageenan (I had never even heard of it before). The 'natural', 'no sugar added', coconut milk I have been using has it in it. How much of an impact will this have had on my program? I'm on day 18. Should I start over???

So I was reading my "it starts with food" this morning and came to the section prohibiting carrageenan (I had never even heard of it before). The 'natural', 'no sugar added', coconut milk I have been using has it in it. How much of an impact will this have had on my program? I'm on day 18. Should I start over???

Sorry, carrageenan is a biggie in terms of additives the Whole30 rules state are off-limits.  This is one of those items that unfortunately does merit a restart, because of the potential gut-disrupting properties of carrageenan. Or, if it works better for your mindset, call what you're doing a Whole48.

I don't know how I missed it in the rules on this site. Didn't notice it until I got to that chapter in the book today. Oh well. I think I like your idea Chris of calling it a whole48. Thinking of tomorrow being Day 1, again, would be discouraging, even though I was thinking of just continuing on after 30.

Thanks for the help :)

Archived