Paleo Recipe Books?

All of the recipes in Well Fed are compliant except for the dessert - I think it's a fruit crisp or something. You could also check out her website The Clothes Make the Girl she has alot more recipes on there. I'm not familiar with the Everyday Paleo cookbook but I have used some recipes off that website.

Paleo allows some ingredients that the Whole30 does not. For example, if you are eating Paleo you might not be bothered if there was sugar in the marinade or a bit of cheese on top of your salad. Paleo also allows treats that are paloe-fied. For example, cookies made with coconut or almond flour and a bit of honey would be okay. For the Whole30, such treats are a big no-no. They refer to it as sex with your pants on or SWYPO.

You can search the whole 9 site for more info and the rationale behind the strictness of the program. Or invest in It Starts With Food. I thought it was well worth the money!

To add to the comments above:

The Whole30 program is what I like to call Paleo Plus. It's built around the framework of a "paleo" style diet, but goes an extra step to eliminate foods that (though they may be acceptable in small quantities on a typical paleo plan) are known to cause inflammation,hormonal upset, digestive issues, and promote an unhealthy psychological relationship with food. While some folks continue eating this way for extended periods of time, the general premise is that for many people 30 days will be enough of a reset to allow for the reintroduction of some foods.

Hope that clarifies!

I've got the Paleo Diet Cookbook and Paleo Comfort Foods in my kitchen at home. Not all of the recipes in them would be Whole 30 friendly - such as the paleo brownies - but most are, especially the main courses. Pinterest also has a few boards where people have posted paleo and Whole 30 recipes from other sites such as Chow Stalker - so I go there a lot for inspiration since I can collect many recipes in one place and not have to go to each individual site.

Thanks for the Well Fed love! To clarify... every recipe in Well Fed is Whole30 compliant except for one dessert: the peach crisp. In that recipe, all of the ingredients are compliant with the Whole30, but because it's a "sex with your pants on" dessert, it doesn't follow the spirit of the Whole30. It is, however, great for when your Whole30 is over :rolleyes:

You can download a free 30-page sample of Well Fed at this link:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/well-fed-ebook-sampler/

And if you have any questions, hit me up! I'm glad to help.

Archived