Day 3 and I want all of the candy

PaleoPinup

Hey guys,

I've only on day 3 of the program and I feel so angsty! I'm craving sweets (I don't usually eat them) and the craft beer in the fridge is taunting me. I know this is perfectly normal, but I'm doing this on my own and feel so, so tempted.  

I threw together a bowl of banana, unsweetened shredded coconut and hazelnuts.  It mostly did the trick.

Who else crazed sweets/carbs like nuts during this time?  I'm really not a fan of how angry my body feels.  I'm genuinely upbeat, but I feel like raging.  Ah!

-Sarah 

The general recommendation when you are craving something sweet is not to feed it with compliant sweet things. If you are truly hunger you should eat a mini meal with protein and fat and maybe look at your portions at meal times to see if you need to make adjustments to keep you satisfied between meals. If you are just craving something but not hungry this is where you "suck it up buttercup" and start rewiring your brain by doing something else...anything else.

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your advice.

I should have mentioned, perhaps, that I had just gone for a 3 mile walk with intermittent sprints. I usually have a sweet potato and roasted chicken after this, but today all I wanted was super sweet stuff.  Oy.

Archived