Starting February 8

Kmkeener

Hello everyone,

I have decided that I am going to start the whole 30 program tomorrow. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am the yo-yo dieter, I will lose some weight just to gain it all back. I lost a ton of weight in high school doing Nutrisystem, and then when I started college four years ago, I started gaining again. I was in a pretty bad relationship for three years which I finally got out of seven months ago (YAY!) so I think that definitely took its toll not only on my self esteem and what I think of myself but also my diet and weight. I tended to binge a lot either because I was bored or because I was feeling bad. Exercising has never been a problem for me, eating healthy is because I don't think I have ever really known what to eat and how much. I did Atkins for a while and lost some weight but realized I wasn't too fond of having to count vegetables and you could only have certain vegetables. Then I saw one of my friends lost 29 lbs doing the whole 30 program in just one month and so I started looking into it and thought that I would give it a shot. Yes, I am hoping to lose weight on this diet but I am also (more importantly) looking to develop a healthier relationship with food, what I think of myself, and just start living and enjoying life again.

You're doing a good thing, and for good reasons. Just stick with it!

I'm only on day 8, but was already familiar with eating paleo before starting the Whole30 and I know how much better I feel and that I can control my weight, blood sugar and emotions so much better without all the processed rubbish that we have been conditioned to think makes up a healthy diet.

It really does start with food! Good luck :)

Archived