Skipped meal 3...do I have to start over?

JulianaM

I've searched for this but not found an answer.

I didn't eat meal 3 last night because of a combination of circumstances. The program guidelines say "eat three meals a day" and the guidance for people who aren't hungry, like me, suggests that eating those three meals a day is the minimum bar. The guidelines also say "stop eating a few hours before bed." Those two guidelines collided for me last night.

By the time I got home and had walked my dog, it was 8:45 and I wanted to go to bed. I was also hungry, even steamed-fish-and-broccoli hungry if someone else had prepared them for me. Having to prep my own food was the deal breaker, so I skipped and went to bed.

Do I have to start my Whole30 over?

Edited to add: yesterday was day 3 for me, if that's important

Juliana,

It sounds like you know what went wrong.  You should be safe to continue with the stipulation that you will try to find ways to solve this problem soon.  If you are truly hungry at bedtime, on occasion, grab your go-to meal and eat, assuming you are grabbing meat/fat/veg.  Then, figure out how to get in enough food earlier, if you can.

I applaud you on holding yourself accountable to each and every guideline!

Nico

I love that you're committed to making your Whole30 the best it can be!

The 3 meals a day policy is a best practice, not a hard and fast rule. In our experience, following all of the guidelines gets the best results, but it's not a deal breaker.  I'd recommend eating, though, if you're hungry next time. 

Archived