I have tried bread..... What next?

HEDGEHOG8

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me. I started trying bread yesterday. Do I now wait 2 days doing strict whole 30?

then reintroduce something else like dairy but not dairy and bread?

So am I right in thinking that I have to wait 10 days until I can have bread again?

Thanks in advance

Happy eating everyone x

Did you have anything other than bread for your gluten reintro?  The idea is to have the food group in question at all 3 meals in one day. So gluten day could be toast at breakfast, whole wheat crackers at lunch, and pasta at dinner, for example.

Then yes, go back to 100% Whole30 eating for 2 days, then reintro the next food group.  Repeat.

You are correct in that once you reintroduce a food group, you don't have it again until all your reintros are complete.

You reintro only those food groups you're curious about (in terms of your physical/psychological reaction) or want to eat again.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't eaten pasta since march and not sure I want to. There is only one lot of bread I am really interested in although crackers should have been an option. Shall I do it again gluten next?

Happy eating :-)

Totally up to you. Personally I had a high quality sourdough at all 3 meals for my gluten test. I knew I didn't really want gluten in my life frequently anyway and I love high quality sourdough. 

Thanks so much for the replies - I don't want I mess it up lol so sorry for all the questions.

My OH is craving the bread again he loves it and we thought there was no effect but tonight I can't sleep - due to the food or the storm setting off car alarms I am not sure?

You can introduce stuff separately but sugar should be reintroduced on It's own - so u can have dark chocolate on all reintroduction days ( he he he ) but dairy milk would have to be on a dairy day?

Basically you reintroduce what you want in whatever order but don't go back to it till you have finished all your reintroductions.

Thanks again

Happy eating x

Thanks so much for the replies - I don't want I mess it up lol so sorry for all the questions.

My OH is craving the bread again he loves it and we thought there was no effect but tonight I can't sleep - due to the food or the storm setting off car alarms I am not sure?

You can introduce stuff separately but sugar should be reintroduced on It's own - so u can have dark chocolate on all reintroduction days ( he he he ) but dairy milk would have to be on a dairy day?

Basically you reintroduce what you want in whatever order but don't go back to it till you have finished all your reintroductions.

Thanks again

Happy eating x

Not sure if there's another question in here.

Sugar doesn't necessarily merit its own reintro day, per Melissa: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/11298-day-31-re-intro-email-sugar-not-listed/#entry115489

You wouldn't have dark chocolate on all reintro days. When you reintro, say dairy, you only reintro dairy on that particular day, and keep everything else Whole30 compliant. 

Archived