Starting February 9! So long lethargy...hellooooo energy!

LindsayG

I just stumbled across this website while browsing nom nom paleo blog. I suffer from chronic migraine that became so bad I've had to quit working. I'm only 31 so this is really depressing to me. I have migraine associated vertigo which makes me dizzy and disoriented. Stress, diet and the weather are my biggest triggers. I've had food sensitivity testing done and cutting out those foods helped immensely. I'm highly sensitive to corn which is great because it helps me stay away from processed foods. However, lately I've fallen off the wagon and I'm having trouble committing myself to healthy eating and exercising. I love to cook and i have a weakness for pasta. Trying to get pregnant, my hormones are out of whack and I've gained 15 lbs this year. I'm only 5 feet tall so I have to stop going down this path. Soooooo, I'm planning on posting my daily meals and exercise to help hold myself accountable. I also want to keep track of my health as I go along this process. Do I have headaches? Do I have more energy? Do I feel depressed? Fingers crossed this works!

Ok, I wasn't able to start yesterday as planned so today was day 1. Woke up with heartburn and a headache, but that is probably because I treated myself to a couple sips of a coke as my send off into healthy town. Corn syrup kills me. I pretty much only drink water or tea now so it tasted way too sugary for me. Lesson learned. I did day 1 of the T25 workout and ate the following:

Scramble with 5 egg whites, yellow squash, onion, bell pepper, tomato and cilantro.

Sweet potato topped with ropa vieja (cuban beef dish)

Apple

Shrimp/scallops with capers and lemon juice, sautéed kale, mashed cauliflower

The ropa vieja was a great crockpot recipe. If anyone happens to read this and wants the recipe it's here:

http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/cuban-ropa-vieja

I added lime juice, used an extra small onion and another bell pepper and upped the cumin to taste. I used salt and paper to season everything I ate today and butter for my fat. In addition to corn I can't eat olives or coconut so there goes those oils. I tried not snacking, but got very hungry around 3 so I had an apple. I wasn't able to go to the store yet so apple was my best option on hand. Low blood sugar can give me migraines so I had to eat something.

So I've mentioned there are several foods I can't eat. Due to chronic abdominal pain, the GI doc sent me to a dietician who had me do the MRT blood test which tests your food sensitivities (different from an allergy). A list of some things I'm sensitive to and don't eat: tilapia, crab, chicken, cantelope, bananas, pears, chickpeas, carrots, rice, coffee, olives, coconut, corn, almonds, and prunes. Interestingly soy is the one thing I'm least sensitive to so I eat a lot of soy based food usually. I wonder if I ate tempeh or tofu like the vegetarians if that would be ok since i know it doesn't bother me.

Woke up with a dull headache that was gone mid morning and I had good energy today. I did day 2 of the T25 workout. It's surprising what a good workout it is. Meals:

5 egg whites, onion, red pepper, yellow squash

Homemade italian sausage with an italian style stir fry - onion, garlic, bell pepper, broccoli, yellow squash, tomatoes, italian seasoning and fresh basil

Homemade zuchini chips

Steak with Mexican spices, homemade tomatillo salsa, cauliflower rice, 1/2 avocado

I have to do something different for breakfast tomorrow...we'll see what happens...

Are egg yolks on the list of things you are sensitive too? If not we recommend that you eat as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand as a palm sized serving of protein. Lots of good nutrients in the yolk. Without that yolk your breakfast had not fat in it as far as I can tell.

I also saw you mention butter in your initial post...do you mean clarified butter/ghee? Regular butter is not compliant.

I generally don't like the taste of eggs with the yolk, but I will change it up when I have eggs to do 2 with yolk and 2 without. Would that be better? Yes, I'm using clarified butter. I was using butter with my scrambles in the morning for fat, but I probably don't use enough of it.

I had a bad headache last night that lasted through the morning. It started to get better around noon. I did the third day of T25. I think I'm going to start running again also. It's been a very long time though so it will likely start with lots of walking and a little jogging. Im going to also start doing kickboxing again. Since I can't work, it's easy for me to just sit around all day. I need to get moving. My meals:

Sweet potato with veggies and cashews

Egg salad with homemade mayo, sautéed kale

Curried ground beef lettuce wraps, a couple bites of sautéed brussel sprouts with onion, apples and bacon

I made the brussel sprouts while I made dinner, but really intend on eating them tomorrow. Can't wait to eat them!

Today I hit the I'm-sick-of-this wall. Seeing as its only day 4 thats not a Good sign... It's hard for me to eat a lot of protein. Today I felt altogether turned off from food, especially meat. This would be easier for me if I could eat chicken. I'll try to eat fish tomorrow, but I'm very picky about the taste of fish so it's very hit or miss for me. So, I'm feeling discouraged.

I ran 2 miles and walked 2.5 miles today. Did not get to T25 today.

Egg salad, kiwi, tomatoes

Brussel sprouts I made last night, egg salad

Curried beef from last night after my run, couldn't stomach anything more

Salad with cauliflower, avocado, basil, red pepper, green onion, tomatoes, turkey and balsamic vinegar

Archived