Reintroduction help

krr1112

So I just finished my first whole 30 (actually 32) & want to start the reintroduction phase. In the book it lays out dairy first then gluten then non gluten & then legumes but where does alcohol factor in to that schedule?

I would like to enjoy a glass of wine every now & then but I don't want to mess up what I've done so far by doing it at the wrong time. Any advice or experience on this topic is greatly appreciated. And no completely eliminating alcohol long term would not work for me.

• Moderators

The book offers a sample schedule. You can reintroduce anything you want, including alcohol. The best reintroduction would be to consume alcohol one day and then eat Whole30 strictly for 2 days before reintroducing anything else to see how you respond (and to recover).

I am on day 22 and am a bit apprehensive about the whole reintroduction thing. It's like being a kid when dad takes the training wheels off the bike and says GO!  Seriously though, I am concerned. Case in point: I hadn't eaten long grain rice in a couple of months. When I did eat it (pre-Whole30) I had horrendous stomach cramps for 3 hours!! The thought of going through that again when I start reintroducing foods is scary stuff! :blink:  We don't want to deviate too much from the Whole30 as the benefits have been incredible. We are pretty sure we want to go Paleo, but aren't even sure what that means. I do plan on buying a Paleo book, but in the meantime I need guidance.

Thanks for your help,

Kristina

I am on day 22 and am a bit apprehensive about the whole reintroduction thing. It's like being a kid when dad takes the training wheels off the bike and says GO!  Seriously though, I am concerned. Case in point: I hadn't eaten long grain rice in a couple of months. When I did eat it (pre-Whole30) I had horrendous stomach cramps for 3 hours!! The thought of going through that again when I start reintroducing foods is scary stuff! :blink:  We don't want to deviate too much from the Whole30 as the benefits have been incredible. We are pretty sure we want to go Paleo, but aren't even sure what that means. I do plan on buying a Paleo book, but in the meantime I need guidance.

Thanks for your help,

Kristina

Well, clearly there's no need for you to eat long grain rice again, as you know how that makes you feel.  ;) 

You reintro only the food groups you're curious about (in terms of physical/psychological response), or you know you want to eat again.

If you decide you want to go Paleo in a post Whole30 world, think of that as easing up on some of the Whole30 restrictions.  For example, you could have the additives carrageenan, sulfites, and MSG. You could have honey. You could bake Paleo treats. Here is a brief summary by Robb Wolf, author of The Paleo Diet. http://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/

Archived