Whole60 till April no caffeine?

melbournegirl

Time to get back to good sleep, healthy skin and lots more energy. When I let caffeine into my life it takes over and messes me up.... And creates blood sugar swings and cravings which destabilises my diet which is dairy, grain, legume and sugar free except when I stuff it up with poor choices.....

So here goes!

I'm in the middle of a no-caffeine Whole60 (this means no decaf coffee for me, since decaf still has enough caffeine to give me the jitters and heart palpitations).  It's taken several tries over the last year and a half, but I can say that this go-round I'm finally functioning properly without any caffeine in my day.  You'll get there. 

Definitely not something I would call a chicken, ha, I like it!

I gave up caffeine cold turkey when I got pregnant.  It was awful (and I had bad morning sickness as well).  I will probably try everything else to unstall my weight loss before trying to give up caffeine.

Just realised I have made it through the first week of no coffee or tea, not quite so successful with cocoa but while cocoa does feel like a bit of a habit I am not convinced it is an unhealthy one... since it is so high in minerals etc.

I definately feel a lot more joyful when I don't drink coffee.

Thank you both!

Slept in because it was raining but went for a run anyway in the rain. Did close to 6 km but walked a couple of times... Partly to clean my glasses so I could see and partly due to a stitch and being stuffed. All up about 45 minutes which is good! My next decent run won't be until wed am ( it's sun am now) because of Pilates on Monday and body combat on Tuesday I hope but I am already looking forward to it. I hope this is the start of my return to fitness. Got to travel for work the next few weeks so getting a groove happening next week is super important.

So I've got rid of the coffee and tea now, having rooibos at work but I haven't yet been able to stop cocoa. But I have finished the tin at home and at work and I'm not going to buy more now until after my holiday in 6 weeks. So the true caffeine free whole40? Starts today!

I am traveling a bit for work the next few weeks, that sometimes makes it easier if I put in the effort... So here goes.

Day1

M1 bacon, egg, lots of spinach, mango, blueberries and a drizzle of coconut cream

Going for small meals and fruit once a day... My clothes are getting too tight!

Archived