Whole60 till April no caffeine?

melbournegirl

I look forward to trying some.....

PP red tea sound right, it is legume based but from the leaves / stems of the plant not from the rhizomes?

Hey, my hubby found plaintains a few weeks ago and cooked them up with bacon, yum then I cooked one up with cinnamon. I was a bit surprised how potatey it tasted but the first one might have been under ripe.

Coped well ith my Brisbane trip last week and managed a 6 km and an 8 km run plus a walk and some weights while away.

8.5km run today, with a bit of walking within since I had three days with out exercise. Off to Sydney tomorrow but will do a 6km slow run at 5 am.

Made it through the week with only one cup of cocoa (the last scrapings in the tin) and no tea and coffee. Eating has been good except for a glass of wine and a muesli bar last week and some chocolate and marshmallows today.

Shorts are no longer strangling me and I will probably be able to retire my work fat pants this week I hope! I've thought that a few times over the last year then stuffed it up again but not this time.

Great job on the running/exercising!  I know it is a challenge when traveling.

Wihoo on your shorts fitting better.  That is such a great feeling.  Let's get those work pants retired.  I want my current work pants to stop strangling me, it really is a miserable feeling.   ;)

MelbGirl - I really love them in place of either corn chips or potato fries. With steak, or guacamole, etc. I tried so many times to treat them more like a banana, but the green ones are just starchy, not sweet. They even taste weird with sugars, just like a potato would lol I can't believe I've never tried them with bacon! That's happening tonight! \o/ for retired pants!

I tried to find a way to have cocoa that was Whole9 compliant but finally figured it was keeping my choc cravings going as I was using it as a substitute.  So now it is occassional only and not compliant!!  I've switched to decaff green tea for my Whole30+ i didnt like roobiroos tea but have been trying herbal teas.  I have a lemon and ginger one that helps me wake up :)

We have chooks here in the UK too :)  must be great to get the fresh eggs, i feel like i'm foreer running to the shops for more

You are doing so well and I'm sure you will be in great shape and feeling really great healthwise too by the time your holiday arrives

No travel plans I think for the next two weeks... Maybe some trips to NZ after that. Travel is easy if my mind is in the right place.

I was tempted to have coffee this long weekend but resisted as the road back is long! Feeling out of sorts as my cycle is late after being very consistent the last few months. Probably a side effect of stopping caffeine!

Everyone at work is sick. The great thing about eating so well is I rarely get sick now. Been a bit slack on the exercise but managed a beach run and swim today. It was hot today even though we are now into autumn.

Looking forward to a good week! No birthdays, travel, dinners out, just a smooth run!

Thinking of withdrawing again would be a good motivator to stay off the caffeine once off.

I'm glad to hear you are staying illness free, I hope that continues.  Even though our weather was a bit better this weekend, I'm jealous of your beach run and swim!  And here is to a great, smooth week!

Thanks Sara, good to hear your winter is easing off a bit finally.

Now that I have my caffeine under control its time to be more sensible with my food.

Just counted and today is day 31... So I am going to count the last 30 down rather than up...

So today...

Day 30 to go

M1 Turkey mince with sesame oil, zucchini, sweet potato and raisins

M2 the above on lettuce leaves

Snack tuna in oil and a fruit tub

M3 beef and bacon, dates, broccoli, beans and carrots

5km walk at lunchtime

• 2 weeks later...

Made it to April, only one cup of decafe and one cup of some sort of Turkish coffee, both in the last week... They didnt taste that good anymore. I miss coffee for the ritual but I don't miss the aches and pains and irritation it causes.

Moving back to my post log but planning a three months focus on health and fitness. Will update my signature with the new link.

Thanks for your support everyone who popped in or followed me

Archived