Badwolf's W30

Badwolf

Day 21

More than 2/3 of the way there!!

Slept about nine hours, but still needed more.  Feeling better today though!

~

Was exhausted again by the time I got to work this morning.  /:  Just felt I needed a mental (and physical) break all day.  After lunch (left over Korean short ribs, Brussels sprouts, SeaSnax, and GT's Gingerade kombucha), I felt even more tired!  What's going on??  Usually after just two weeks of awesome eating, I've got tiger blood flowing!  But not this time...  Also, I usually feel the same, if not energized, after eating.  Blergh!

Glad you're feeling better! :-)

I'm in awe of your resistance to fruit and nuts!

I've just over done it so many times with them (especially apples with cashew butter  :wub: ) that now I know better than to go down that slippery slope!

Day 22

Slept about eight hours, needed more, but am so very happy it's Friday!  I get to sleep in this weekend!!  And by "sleep in" I mean still wake up early, but without having to worry about an alarm going off!

Last night I accidentally ate something off plan.  I had a couple pinches of Go Raw coconut crisps.  Ingredients:  organic coconut (unsulphured), organic lime juice, celtic sea salt, organic coconut nectar.  As soon as I realized, I put them down.  They were amazing and I totally recommend them when not W30ing!  Nevertheless, I donno if this means I should start over...I'm nearly at the end, but I was having GI issues before this.  I've been considering extending my W30 anyway, if things don't get better by Day 30.  Hmmm...

~

Was exhausted at work again today!  I have two suspects as to what might be causing this though.

1) It could be the "fight or flight" thing...I don't calm down when I eat my meals.

2) Or I'm going through the W30 process (despite thinking I'd go through it more quickly this time) and just need to be patient.

Burnt my bone broth.  lols

Day 22

Last night I accidentally ate something off plan.  I had a couple pinches of Go Raw coconut crisps.  Ingredients:  organic coconut (unsulphured), organic lime juice, celtic sea salt, organic coconut nectar.  As soon as I realized, I put them down.  They were amazing and I totally recommend them when not W30ing!  Nevertheless, I donno if this means I should start over...I'm nearly at the end, but I was having GI issues before this.  I've been considering extending my W30 anyway, if things don't get better by Day 30.  Hmmm...

No, the coconut nectar does not require a restart. Just don't eat the coconut crisps again for the rest of your Whole30.

Day 23

Going to talk with these people this morning about joining there cult.  So excite!

I feel I should mention that even though I'm still having digestive issues and am lacking energy, things have improved in other areas.  My skin is smoother and heals more quickly, my nails are growing faster, my clothes fit better, my brain power and attention have improved, and I am falling asleep quickly and waking up at a good hour.  So even if I don't appear to reach my "improve digestion" goal by Day 31, I will have accomplished many other things!   :D

~

GI things seemed to improve this afternoon, but then took a turn for the worse this evening.  Blergh!

Day 24

LESS THAN A WEEK AWAYYY!!!

Slept about eight hours last night.

GI craziness still happening.  Oy vey.

Have an interview for a job with Whole Foods today!  I'm looking forward to possibly working with them and learning more about food.  (:

~

Got the job!!  I knew having a degree would be good for something...even if it just got me a job that has nothing to do with what I studied.  ha!

I'm going to be learning how to clean and prepare fish and all kinds of seafoody critters.  I am so excite!

post-38868-0-41644600-1394386766_thumb.p

Day 25

Didn't sleep too well last night, I think due to the excitement of a new job!

Made the ISWF No Fuss salmon cakes last night.  They were pretty good.  And are definitely a nice change of pace!   :D

~

Put in my two weeks notice today.  It went well...I'm so less stressed now!  They were sad to hear I'm leaving, but happy that I'm following my heart.  (:

I felt pretty energized at work today, but I can tell that I'm going to be exhausted by the end of the week again!

post-38868-0-56135000-1394455513_thumb.j

Day 26

I thought today was Day 25!  They're just all running together!  lolol

Had some weird dreams last night (no food-related ones for once!), but slept ok.  Woke up with my throat kind of sore though.  /:  And woke up before my alarm clock again.  Yay!

I'm so happy Spring is almost here (just a few more days!), this feels like the perfect time to be Whole30ing.   :D

Already, I have noticed a big difference in how I am remembering things and my reactions to things.  I kind of want a crazy customer to come in and yell at me just to see if I brush it off more easily than I did before.  lol!

~

Digestion better today!  Yay!  And felt much more energetic and not dragging like last week.  :D

Gotta be up early tomorrow...working the early shift; we'll see how that goes!

post-38868-0-80683900-1394544612_thumb.j

Day 27

ERMAHGERD SO CLOSE TO THE END.

Early shift today, so up at 5:30 to get my good brekkie in.   :D

The diet > sleep > exercise idea really helps me on days like today.  In the past, I would have slept in longer and not had as good of a breakfast.

~

Work went by really fast!  Was a little tired, but never had an energy lull.  My lunch was at 11:45 today, and I didn't have dinner until after 6:00, but my blood sugar stayed steady despite only having a large Primal Pac for lunch.  Amazing!  :D

Day 28

Holy eff!  Day 28!!

Strange dreams last night again.  /:  And woke up feeling a bit tired, but excited for the day and feeling that I'll have good energy today.

I still find it hard to believe how much happier I am and how much my outlook on life has changed in less than a month!

I had some slight cravings yesterday (Was it the lack of sleep or Primal Pac (fruit) for lunch?), but have only thought about off-plan foods when they're right in front of me.  Progress!   :D

~

Lazy day at work today.  lol  Energy kept up though, it was nice.  (:

Starting back to CrossFit tomorrow!!!  Gotta get a good night's sleep tonight and will be sure to eat enough tomorrow!

Day 29

Day twenty-nine.  Twenty-eight full days of awesome eating.  Wut.

Slept about nine hours last night and woke up feeling rested.  (:  Dreamt that I met our moderator, GFChris.  Yep.

My cousin and her husband are in town visiting.  Last night they made veggie lasagna and had cake and cupcakes for dessert.  Sorta wanted to partake....but not really!   :D

Today we're going into Oakland to visit the museum.  We may possibly go to Burgatory for lunch.   :D

Oh and I start back at CrossFit today!!!

~

Decided not to go into town today as I'm having GI issues again.  /:

Also, as I'm eating my lunch, there are cupcakes staring at me!

~

First WOD back:

Split Jerk practice
--
4 rounds for time:

6 Front rack lunge steps 15 lb.
2 TGU R. Arm 10 lb. kettlebell
2 TGU L. Arm 10 lb. kettlebell
4 rope pulls

10:52
--
Hip Extension (30 reps)

L-Sit (2:00 total hold time)

^with one foot on the ground!

And I didn't die!  Yayayayay Whole30!  But in all seriousness...  I've not done any sort of CrossFitting for over seven months.  In the past, when I've not done CrossFit for awhile (one or two months max), I can barely breathe at the end of my first WOD back.  I can hardly believe how good I'm feeling right now!  Though my arms and legs are a bit shaky...

Also:  My roommate bought me Tagalongs.  hahaHAHAAHA

Slept about nine hours last night and woke up feeling rested.  (:  Dreamt that I met our moderator, GFChris.  Yep.

LOL!!! Now THAT'S a first!!  :lol:

I hope it was a positive experience...

Best of luck to you in these last two days!

Day 30

Had to be up at 5:30 for work, but got about eight hours in.  Woke up not too sore or stiff.  Yay!

Holy eff it's Day 30.  I don't even.

~

Work was steadily busy all day.  I was able to eat a large Primal Pac, but it took me about two hours.  ha  Normally I'm able to make it until three o'clock without eating, but I could feel my blood sugar going at around noon.

And I was exhausted most of the day.  /:  I think it is just a combination of getting back to working out and not having enough sleep last night.

~

Went to Sushi Tomo with the fam.  Got the sashimi appetizer platter and steamed veggies.  Needed a TON more fat, but it was good all the same.  When faced with this type of thing (a meal lacking a macronutrient), is it a good idea to make that up when you get home? or just let it go?

I decided to have a spoonful of coconut oil (would have had coconut flakes, but don't have any compliant ones).  lol

Oh also, as I posted on February 10th, I stayed away from social media for a whole month.  It was quite an eye opener!

For the first couple of days, I kept wanting to go back and look through Facebook, or tweet something.  But after that, I didn't miss it at all.  AT ALL.

It was crazy! and I totally recommend everyone try it!

Archived