Today's the Day. February 9th!

mynameisjoanna

Today is the day I've been waiting for. My first Whole 30 and I'm excited and a bit nervous, but mostly just excited. I read, "It Starts with Food" a week ago, but decided to wait til today because I had a big dinner scheduled last night. Gourment hamburgers and wine with my band. I bid a fond farewell to my wine for the next 30 days.

I'm really excited about this new journey I'm about to embark on because I've been overweight for the good part of the past 20 years. I'm going to be 45 this year and I'm feeling tired, sluggish, and just older than it says on my driver's license.

I have an addiction to all the wrong knds of food and am ready to break these bad habits including my love affair with Coca cola light!

I'm nervous because I'm great at starting things, but terrible at finishing them. I really hope this time I do it it all the way. I'm not giving up!

Putting crappy food in my body ends now! My journey towards a clean healthy body starts today!

I made it through the first day!

The one thing I find difficult going into my second day is eating such a big breakfast. I've been living in Spain for the past seven years and my breakfast for all those years has been toast with tomato and olive oil and a cafe con leche.

This morning I had two eggs with zucchini and ham. It was really hard to finish it. I might have to start eating non-breakfast things for breakfast!

I'm still excited about this journey and where this Whole 30 takes me!

Archived