I know why people give up - Day 11

FauxAngel

To put it simply I'm miserable. Tired, digestive issues all round, angry, sleep deprived and not at all impressed. How do you make it past this without eating huge amounts of chocolate, cheese and chips which is what my body is screaming at me for? I'm not a chip eater at all, an occasional cheese eater and usually a 1 square a day of 80%+ dark chocolate kinda person... who put the CH obsessed gremlins in me  :(

Days 5-10 were terrible for me.  People stayed far far away.  I felt bad, was cranky and hungry. I think I had the low carb flu.  I tweaked my food a bit, but eventually my body got used to no added sugar.  I'm on Day 29 and believe it or not, am thinking about continuing on past day 30!

What missmary said.

I just finished my third W30, so I knew what I was getting into and I was Ready with a capital R. Still, out of nowhere, I had somewhat of a panic attack on Day 10 while at the grocery store. One minute I was shopping for W30-compliant foods, and the next I glanced at something non-compliant (I don't even remember what now) and went into a cold sweat. I think part of it was my brain throwing a tantrum to try and get me to Eat All The Things, and part was knowing that I couldn't just dive right back into non-compliant eating with abandon on Day 31, and the reality of my decision to make a long term lifestyle change hit me in that moment.

Well, I did not give in, and now 12 days post Day 30 I am maintaining control over my reintroductions. The freak-out moments do happen, but it helps me to remind myself that I always have the freedom to eat what I want, every moment of every day. It's just that I choose not to because there are consequences to doing so, and I don't want those consequences.

Thank you! Even just reading replies helps... I survived day 11 and even day 12, I can't say I am feeling much better day 13, but I am motivated for day 15, half way, valentines day when I get to go to an amazing paleo cafe for lunch. So I am focusing on that, and trying to stick with routine and make it to the gym and live mostly how I would usually expect to.

Archived