Eating too little or too much?

crystal511

Hello so 2-3 times a week I do split works outs. 1 hour of weights around 6:30 am and 30 mins of cardio around 5pm. I think I need some help with eating because some days I dont have enough energy and some days I'm hungry. This is what my eating looks like.

5am wakeup.

5:15-5:20 am Pre workout meal 2 hard boiled eggs, black coffee with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil or coconut milk.

7:30am Post workout meal chicken breast with 1/2 cup sweet potato.

9:00 am Breakfast: 4 hardboiled eggs with 1/2 avacado.

12 noon Lunch: chicken or beef with green beans or spinach or spinach salad with tomatoes.4 green olives with garlic.

4pm Mid-day Meal chicken with veggies.

6:30-7pm Dinner: chicken, beef, fish or pork with veggies.

8:30-9pm 4 hard bolied eggs with 1/2 avacado or egg white omlet with spinach.

In bed by 9:30-10pm

some days I dont have enough energy and some days I'm hungry. 

This is your answer.

The amount of food you are eating is not enough for you. I would try adding more in a consistent way and see how you feel. You may also want to mix up proteins a bit more. Grass-fed beef or lamb, if you can afford it, would be a good addition more often; and fish, especially sardines. These are both more nutrient dense than chicken. Also, get some veggies into breakfast! Avocado is a fat source, so veggies are missing from that meal.

when you say meat of some sort with veggies are you adding fat to those meals? Since you don't mention it and you're hungry I'm wondering if your fat intake is also too low. 

At your noon-time meal are you adding some sort of fat to your salads--4 olives isn't much as a fat source so I'm wondering what you're dressing your salad with. 

Your 8:30-9:30 meal, "4 hard bolied eggs with 1/2 avocado or egg white omlet with spinach," should contain the yolks even if you're making the spinach omelet. There's no need to toss the yolks. 

when you say meat of some sort with veggies are you adding fat to those meals? Since you don't mention it and you're hungry I'm wondering if your fat intake is also too low. 

At your noon-time meal are you adding some sort of fat to your salads--4 olives isn't much as a fat source so I'm wondering what you're dressing your salad with. 

Your 8:30-9:30 meal, "4 hard bolied eggs with 1/2 avocado or egg white omlet with spinach," should contain the yolks even if you're making the spinach omelet. There's no need to toss the yolks. 

No dressing on the salad because really I just end up steaming the spinach and tomatoes as I heat the whole meal in the microwave together. I cook my eggs in coconut oil and bake the chicken.

with baked proteins you really should be adding in a fat--either drizzle olive oil on your food, add a large handful of olives, mayo, avocado, or some other fat source as per the meal template. 

I agree with this. If you have an added fat at all your meals you might be able to transition to 3 meals (plus pre/post workout meals) without being over hungry all the time. I'm not overly concerned with your portions over all but the 3 meals 2-3 hours apart in the evening definitely suggests a needed tweek. 

I agree with this. If you have an added fat at all your meals you might be able to transition to 3 meals (plus pre/post workout meals) without being over hungry all the time. I'm not overly concerned with your portions over all but the 3 meals 2-3 hours apart in the evening definitely suggests a needed tweek. 

Ok thank you! Today I'm adding olives,olive oil and whole coconut chucks as my fats to each meal. I love nuts but I tend to OD on the nuts and nut butters. I used to eat every two to three hours and I'm trying to break that.

Archived