What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Kryztle

Hi all! I just finished my 1st whole 30!! A little about myself..back in 2010 I was in my best friends wedding and I feel like I ruined the pictures!! I weighed 232 at 5'1 and had NO idea how big I was until the pictures came back. I cried and that moment I told myself I need to do something and do it now! Then my other best friend got engaged that Christmas and her wedding was in June 2011..holy cow how I was not ruining her pictures too!! Well I joined the local gym and went every morning at 6 am..didn't really change my eating but I was losing weight! In July 2011 I was offered a new job but it was an hour north of my family and friends. I'm not sure how much I had lost in that year but I would guess 25-30 pounds maybe..I joined a gym up here and then started doing beachbody videos because I was bored with the gym. Shaun T really kicked my butt! I was drinking shakeology which I loveD! Lost about 20 or so more pounds putting me between 183-189...in 2013..I joined a boot camp up here where I was getting up at 3:45 am!! What? Was I insane? Nope just a girl looking to get fit... And find herself underneath the depression and sadness. Even though I had lost about 40-45 pounds in the last 3 years, something was missing..and that was my focus and desire to continue. I was stuck at a plateau between 183-189 for months!! I couldn't figure out what was wrong because I was calorie counting, eating mostly clean besides a couple nights of wine and pizza..what the heck is going on! My best friend Heidi introduced me to this program...and I can't say enough how thankful I am for her and this program!! I feel like I am on top of the world!! Have so much more energy, my sleep is better (somedays, lol), my period was normal (tmi but it's true), I'm not wanting to reintroduce those foods but I need to I know, and all around I am just much more happy than I have ever been! I am not sure what my final weigh in is but I started this program Jan. 4 ( had to add some days from when I had the swine flu) and I weighed 185, see that dang plateau..I will record my weight in the morning but I don't care what the scale says for once because I see a huge change overall. Sorry this was so long and thanks for reading! I will continue logging on this thread. I have posted a before pic that was taken in 2010 and the after pic was taken on Sat. Feb. 8. Thanks again for all your support! Xoxo

Kryztle

post-38218-13920895907403_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Julie and I am so happy to be on this journey with you as well!!! Yeah I don't think dairy is my friend unfortunately! But I'm actually not to upset since I was not craving it!! I can love without cheese unless a culture thing and I can't help it :) I just made a creamy cucumber salad for tomorrow's lunch! So excited for it!

I gained 2 pounds from dairy!! Yuck! Slept good and feel good again! For breakfast I had eggs, broccoli, onion, and garlic in coconut oil. Coffee with coconut milk and cinnamon. So glad to know my body doesn't like dairy! Have a great day everyone!!

I'm sorry you had a bad reaction to the dairy but with respect to the "weight gain" (which, of course, isn't fat) it could simply be due to increased carbohydrates and not necessarily the dairy itself. All other foods being the same, you likely ate more carbs than a typical whole 30 day and that causes your glycogen stores to replenish and with that comes water weight. 

So I tried cinnamon in my coffee this morning, so good. I put coffee, coconut milk, cocoa, cinnamon, and a bit of coconut oil in a jar and used my immersion blender and it was so creamy and smooth. Good stuff!

I'm sorry you had such a yuck reaction to dairy, but at least you know now and you mentioned it wasn't a high-craving item, so I guess that is good. I always get gassy and bloated after eating ice cream, but it's not very bad at all, unless of course I have way too much! Cheese I seem to do alright with, but I still find myself wanting to moderate it.

I hope your next few days of clean eating cleans your system back out well enough to re-intro the next thing you choose! Oh and your dinner sounded really good last night! Did you ever get the fish sauce?

Slept great! Still feeling bloated but my energy is back!! Yeah!! Nervous about reintroducing grain tomorrow but ready to eat some Mexican with my loves! Breakfast was eggs in coconut oil, sweet potato and blended coffee with coconut milk, ice, and coco! It was pretty good Julie! Thanks for the idea!! I will add more coconut milk tomorrow and cinnamon! Did you use ice Julie when you blended it?

Archived