Continous improvement

jennor

Ashley, thank you so much! You are right, the No Flare thing is the most important aspect. I know that times like this would usually wreck havoc on my tummy, so that is a big thing.

Also, I feel good. I like the food, I like eating this way, I like being able to not rely on sugar all the time. I also like being able to turn down cake and stuff. I have never done that before. Ever. I am still struggling a little on the inside with chocolate, though. Just yesterday I found my favorite box of chocolates in the grocery store. I held it longinly in my hands. Then I put it back on the shelf. Small victories!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 11

Sleep: 7.5 hours. Again, more would have been nice. But it was almost light out at 5:20 this morning and that helped a lot. Now I feel a-ok.

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, sweet potato/aubergine/onion/apple hash, coffee.

Lunch: Mexian beef stew with tomatoes and chili, various salad veg, toasted coconut flakes. De-caf.

Snack: 2 small oranges, handful nuts, green tea.

Dinner: Chicken stew, baked sweet potato, broccoli, salad w/ avocado, Chipotle dipping sauce. Orange.

Snack: De-caf w/ cocnut milk x2, dried fruit and walnuts.

Exercise: I ran 7.4 km (4.6 mi) to the car pool, then did a short and heavy lifting session in the gym. Will run to pre-school pick up too, so total will be 12.9 km (8 mi) for the day.

Today is a big day for oldest DD - today she will ride her own bike home from pre-school while I take only the little one in the running stroller. She has been looking forward to this for weeks! So proud of my little kitten, all grown up! :wub:

Day 12

Sleep: 7 hours. I was tired and went to bed early, but youngest DD refused dinner so she woke up hungry. She slurped down a bottle and went back to sleep. Me too. (Not the bottle!)

Food:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, sweet potato/aubergine/onion/apple hash, coffee

Lunch: Deer stew, veggies, salad, olive oil. Pear.

Dinner: More deer meat, sweet potato, avocado, salad, chipotle dipping sauce.

Snack: Too much dried mulberries and walnuts, de-caf w/ coconut milk.

Exercise: 7.4 km (4.6 mi) easy run. Legs were a bit sore from weights the day before.

I had a meeting with my boss and she surprised me with a raise and a move up one peg on the career ladder. I didn't even know we were going to talk salary so I went into it with no expectations, totally relaxed. Such a nice surprise!

Now of course that led to a celebration with the family at night, and too much celebratory dried berries and nuts, and a bubbly stomach at bed time. Will work on finding non-food related ways of celebrating. :)

Happy day 12.

I thought of you yesterday - I ran!! Lol- not like you run but I'm proud. After running a bit my trainer pushed me to run at a faster pace. And I did for an 1/8th of a mile. I am very pleased. We had been talking about the fact that I haven't really run since 1990 (that's 23 years ago - yikes) and I never went faster than such an such back in the day. And then he got me to run faster than that. I have really seen some great changes in the gym and I know it's because I am eating better.

Thanks for the inspiring me!!!

Congratulations on the run Ashley! It is such a reward to see progress in the gym (or on the road :) )! I need to learn to push myself out of my comfort zone when it comes to running too. I have kind of settled on my current pace, if that makes sense.

I am in Whistler, Canada now. It is 4 am and I am totally jet lagged. I just made some coffee on my in room brewer and will probably go to the gym in a bit before work.

The trip went really well, but since my body is nine hours ahead we had many meals yesterday. Ended the day at 6 am (my time) with a nice steak. That hit the spot after eating basically eggs all day on the plane.

Lets see if I can recap yesterday:

Sleep: 6 hours. Packing late at night is a bad idea.

Food:

M1: 3 eggs, sweet potato/aubergine hash w dipping sauce. Coffee.

M2: Sashimi (just raw salmon and tuna, no wasabi and soy sauce. I missed the wasabi but not after reading what it contained other than wasabi.)

M3: A few pieces chicken, eggs, veggie hash, sauce, serving cut up fruit, nuts and dried berries. Coffee.

Snack: Apple, walnuts.

M4: Eggs, veggie hash, sauce, coffee. Serving cut up fruit.

M5: Streak, grilled vegetables, salad.

Pretty proud of that day actually. Not bad for being on airplanes and in transit for 20 hours!

Exercise: 2 km for the running streak before I left for the airport.

Now I am going to call home. I already miss my family!

Jennor - 20 hours! I forgot how long it is. You did great!!!! How long will you be in whistler? It is supposed to be beautiful. Will you have time to enjoy skiing or will it be all work?

I'm plugging along. Still wanting something sweet at night. Ate a few blackberries. That did the trick. I'm on day 90 something. I have 2 weeks. Really missing a few things.

Happy eating!

Archived