post AIP whole 30

h e a t h e r

I just finished an AIP whole 31.  I chose to do the autoimmune protocol because I am overweight, hypothyroid and battling inflammation.  I had some struggles during my w31 with menstrual cycles, pain in my right side and a cold.  I never reached a tiger blood stage, but I got better sleep and woke up with more energy, my thoughts were more focused, I feel like I am getting more done, and I even lost a few pounds.  Maybe I should have gone longer, but since this is my first one I figured I should try to reintroduce some foods while I still had the good momentum going.  I do plan to do another whole 30 in the summertime.

I think I am dealing with a leaky gut.  I have many environmental allergies and food sensitivities and never feel "great".  It makes it tricky to read my body.  On my previous attempts at elimination and trying to figure out my food sensitivities, I was constantly second guessing myself and sometimes couldn't tell if I was imagining symptoms. 

I started taking enzymedica digest (digestive enzymes) with each meal starting on day 28.

I have been gluten/wheat free for a year, and because of my hypothyroidism I plan to stay that way for the rest of my life. 

In the next couple of weeks I plan to reintroduce eggs, dairy, white rice and nuts and log the results here.

Reintro Day 1 (whole 30 day 32)

I think I am going to eat macadamia nuts at every meal!! I was starting to get veggie fatigue, so this morning I made a quart of gingered zucchini soup and a quart of golden cauliflower soup.  I am also working my way through a big batch of crockpot pork.

Breakfast

macadamia nuts

zucchini soup

pork in jus

enzyme

Lunch

macadamia nuts

cauliflower soup

pork in jus

enzyme

Dinner - left my enzymes at work :(

macadamia nuts

asparagus wrapped in trader joe's prosciutto (ingredients said ham, salt - eating this was a mistake.  I guess I was in the mood to mix up the veg but I did not feel good eating this.)

chicken thighs

Reintro Day2

Had to make 2 fairly urgent potty runs at work today. We are going to get a winter storm here and I may likely be at home with the kids tomorrow. I have plenty of healthy foods at home but I am now dealing with a thought in my head... of grabbing ice cream as a special treat for the girls (and maybe mommy could have a taste, too...)

Breakfast

mushrooms and onions sauteed in olive oil

steak

brussels sprouts

Lunch -

mushrooms and onions sauteed in olive oil

steak

brussels sprouts

apple

enzyme

Dinner

Pork in jus

Cauliflower soup

Enzyme

Reintro Day 3

Last night my knees hurt (i do not usually have problems with my knees) and I woke up in the middle of the night with a hot flash, on top of my continuing bathroom issues from yesterday and this morning. So, not sure if this is related to the macadamia nuts but I am going assume that it is. :(

Snowed in today but staying compliant!

Breakfast

Steak

Leftover mushrooms and onions sautéed in olive oil

Cauliflower soup

Enzyme

Lunch

Pork belly, from trader joe's, yummy

Plantains cooked in coconut oil

Enzyme

Snack

Yogi ginger tea with coconut milk

Dinner

Pork belly

Gingered zucchini soup

Enzyme

Apple

Took some days off from logging but I have been chugging along with reintroductions.  Enjoyed a long, snowy, relatively lazy holiday weekend with a little retail therapy thrown in.  I do feel like I am losing steam with strict whole 30 and reintroduction phase and have been struggling with cravings/urges/wants for a non-compliant treat.  I have been letting little bits of sugar creep in (brussels sprouts with nitrate free bacon, natural canadian bacon with my eggs, delicious chicken recipe that called for chicken breasts coated with a mix of 1/2 cup dijon, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1T red wine vinegar baked at 425 for 30-35 mins, SO good, honey on my greek yogurt today) maybe that is part of my problem.

reintroduced eggs on Thursday 2/14, I did not notice any off symptoms from eggs.

2/15 compliant

2/16 compliant

2/17 compliant

reintroduced dairy today in the form of greek yogurt with honey at breakfast and lunch.

Archived