Need some ideas for a valentines office party

Guest Wheat on Trial

Guest Wheat on Trial

Hello! Just learned we are having an office potluck on Friday for lunch. The rules are

- must be red or have red in it

- must be relatively easy to make

- must be relatively cheap to make (as I have a large qty to bring in)

- must be w30 compliant (so that I know there is at least one thing I can eat!)

First thing that came to mind was strawberries but it's not terribly creative. Any suggestions?

My mom used to make heart-shaped meatloaf for Valentine's Day, so inspired by that - maybe meatloaf meatballs with compliant ketchup glazed on top? If you have Well Fed 2, the kickass ketchup is compliant (though it doesn't taste like Heinz - would still be delicious though, I think!). There are threads here with other ketchup recipes, though!

Homemade coleslaw with either purple/red cabbage and homemade mayo or beets or something?

Anything with beets, really.

Chicken salad from scratch with red grapes sliced in it.

Veggies (cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and whatever else) with homemade mayo dip.

Meatballs in a homemade cocktail sauce or maranara sauce.

Homemade coleslaw with either purple/red cabbage and homemade mayo or beets or something?

Anything with beets, really.

Chicken salad from scratch with red grapes sliced in it.

Veggies (cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and whatever else) with homemade mayo dip.

Add purple cabbage to that chicken salad, too.  Mine is always white-green, but I'm sure we could think of plenty of red veg to add.

My mom used to make heart-shaped meatloaf for Valentine's Day, so inspired by that - maybe meatloaf meatballs with compliant ketchup glazed on top? If you have Well Fed 2, the kickass ketchup is compliant (though it doesn't taste like Heinz - would still be delicious though, I think!). There are threads here with other ketchup recipes, though!

Meatballs in homemade cocktail sauce or marinara sauce.

How about two smaller portions of some of the things listed so you will have two things to eat and maybe a little less prep.  For ex: a protein-base and a veggie-base.

Guest Wheat on Trial

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like the idea of roasted red pepper dip something I can make quickly and inexpensively

Archived