honeybeedream's log

honeybeedreams

Welcome!

Do you have a copy of the meal template? Whole30 recommends that every meal have 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and the appropriate amount of compliant fat.

Breakfast and lunch were missing veggies, and are likely why you needed an afternoon snack.

I'd suggest adding veggies to your meals and see if that helps satiate you. The goal is to create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours. If you find you are still hungry between meals (you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini-meal that contains a protein and fat. Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30.

Thanks for the response!  Yes, I realized that the lack of veggies was an issue because I was hungry before I went to the gym.  I think also that it's going to be a bit of an adjustment for me getting used to not having a snack around 3 PM since that is kind of a habit.  I know myself well enough not to force myself to make too many changes at once, so for now, the snack stays until I feel like I can do without it.  

It's only my first day on my first try so I won't be perfect right out of the gate - I'm working on cutting myself some slack too.

Today was a real victory, b/c it was a snow day and I normally make cinnamon rolls and then am hungry ALL.DAY.LONG - but that didn't happen.

Breaktfast:

Picadillo w green olives

Spinach and carrots

Lunch:

salmon w dill mayo

roasted butternut squash and red peppers

couple bites of kale salad

Dinner:

Roast chicken

Spinach

Roasted squash/red peppers from lunch

Exercise: 

Snow shoveling

Day 3

Breakfast:

Spinach

Handful of strawberries

Roast chicken

Avocado dressing

Lunch:

leftover kale salad w raisins/garlic

picadillo

Dinner:

little hamburger, no bun

lettuce, tomato, pickles, grilled mushrooms/onions

Exercise: 

sprints w the kids

Dinner is going to be a challenge b/c we are supposed to go out and although it's a hamburger place, ugh - FRIES.

Day 4

Breakfast:

Chicken salad

spinach/carrots

Lunch: 

Brussel sprouts/onion saute in ghee

two egg yolks

chicken

lara bar

half bottle green kombucha

This was unplanned - we ended up at Whole Foods for lunch and I made the best of what was available.  I ate the brussel sprouts once we got home and the lara bar as a snack before we decided what to do for lunch.

Dinner:

Pork - pan fried, seasoned with paprika

Arugala salad w mad men dressing

roasted cabbage

It's Day 5 already, hard to believe.  I'm very, very grumpy today.  Not sure if it's sugar withdrawels or what - I was really, really hungry this morning when I woke up and have felt hungry all day long, no matter what I eat.

Breakfast

egg pie with homemade pork sausage

guacamole

roasted cabbage

Lunch

chicken salad w mayo

spinach saute

cinnamon apples with coconut flakes

half bottle of green kombucha

Snack

Cinnamon salted coconut flakes

My daughter is making cake pops and they smell so incredibly good.  I am SO tempted and feeling so grumpy.  Also, my stomach feels yucky, which isn't helping.

Dinner

Pork

Sauteed brussel sprouts/onions with ghee

This was a tough day to get through.

Day 6

Breakfast

Sweet potatoe saute

egg pie - I took two pieces, which translates to two eggs, but I'm full after one.

counting the coconut milk in my coffee as the fat for this meal

lunch:

can of tuna

arugala

oil/lemon dressing

snack

almonds

dinner

egg pie - two slices

plus an avocado

cauliflower, cucumber, parsley salad with olives and oil/lemon dressing (a kind of paleo tabbouleh, which I think is well within the rules b/c it's all vegetables) 

Exercise

30 minutes cybex

arms

Today was definitely easier.  I still needed a snack around 3:30, but a handful of almonds was enough.

Day 7

Breakfast

Sausage

Brussel sprouts/carrot steam saute

This breakfast was REALLY good.  I'd have eaten an avocado if I had one, but I didn't so, this was it.

Lunch

Pork chop

Arugal salad with oil/lemon dressing and cauliflower

Snack:

Cashews/dates/coconut flakes

Dinner:1 slice egg pie

small veggie saute, carrots/spinach

Exercise:

Cybex 30 mins

legs

This day was kind of convoluted, b/c I came home before going to the gym and I was really, really hungry and knew I couldn't handle the gym without something in me, so ate those cashews/dates/coconut flakes before heading out.  Was it ideal?  I don't know - I think having fuel is important and since I started Whole30, I am EXHAUSTED at the gym.  Literally feeling lead in my legs and every step is a huge effort.  I'm normally in love with the cybex machine, but not so much anymore - I'm doing elliptical tonight to see if I can feel a bit better.

Day 9

Breakfast

Cabbage saute

PF Chang style chicken 

orange

Lunch:

Chicken salad (I'm really tired of chicken salad...)

salad

cucumber

Dinner: 

lara bar/almond butter

curry coconut soup w shrimp

baby bok choy

sweet potato wedges

Exercise: 35 mins on the cybex.  I wasn't quite as tired today, but it was still a struggle AND I lowered the resistance b/c I was feeling so tired.  

Day 10

Breakfast
Spinach, egg, chicken scramble  <---- this was really good.

Coffee

Lunch:

Coleslaw

Chicken salad (the last of it!)

Mango

Dinner:

Out with friends, so a challenge.  The food wasn't so bad, clams and a steak slider I didn't eat the bun on and a caesar salad (yes, it had creamy dressing AND cheese), but I did have three glass of wine, so I know I have to start over.  It wasn't an accident and I fully made the decision to drink.  I've been no alcohol since December and just decided that I would continue with Whole30 an additional 10 days in exchange for some wine.  

Exercise - rest day

Day 3

B:

Chicken scramble with spinach (this was the last of it and I LOVED it.)

Leftover plantains (there was probably half the plantain left, but I could literally only eat half of that...)

L:

Roasted butternut squash

Pork chop

Snack:

Lara bar (yes, I know, not the best option - I wasn't super hungry either, but had my eyes dilated at the dr and could feel a migraine coming on - this staved it off.)

D:
Chocolate chili

Lettuce

No exercise - rest day - migraine is no joke and nothing to play around with.

Day 3

B

Scrambled Eggs

Sauteed Greens

1/2 avocado

L

Chocolate chili

lettuce

1/2 avocado

D

chicken tortilla-less soup - this soup was awful, I blame the fire roasted tomatoes.  No one in my family would eat it.

Ended up with:

sweet potato fries

sauteed cabbage

sausage patty

I put the nuts away - really super far away b/c I've been eating far too many of them.

Exercise:

21 minute treadmill run

arms

Day 4

B

sauteed cabbage

egg/sausage pie

banana w almond butter

I'm already hungry and it's not yet lunch time, even though I felt really full after this breakfast, it didn't last.

L

chocolate chili

spinach

sweet pot fries

D

3 egg scramble with tomatoes, broccoli and mushrooms

blueberries/almonds

I was SUPER hungry when I got home tonight - lunch wasn't big enough, but I managed not to snack and make it home to cook dinner.  Shrimp was originally on the menu, but there wasn't enough time and I needed something quick.  It's been really hard making separate meals for myself because even thought my son eats a wide variety of foods, he's not really interested in the way I'm cooking right now and my daughter has NEVER been one to try new things.  Last night's dinner flop set me up for big problems too, so I'm thinking no new recipes on Mondays or Tuesdays in case they don't work out (if I wasn't on whole30, it wouldn't be a big deal to not have lunch, I'd just pick something up, but don't really feel like I can do that right now.)

Exercise: rest day

Archived