Restart Disappointment

I managed to make it three whole days before I fell off the wagon.   I'm super disappointed in myself.

I think that I didn't realize how much I needed to do before I started to have a successful 30 days.

I read the book. I bought what I thought was a lot of groceries. I even got rid of all the bad stuff. What I didn't realize is the sheer magnatude of the food to be eaten for just one week. I didn't realize that I should have done the big cook up the day before I started so I didn't have to worry about too much cooking and be able to focus on eating properly. Also, going to the grocery store mid week is almost improssible.

So, now what? Am I disappointed? Yes! Do I give up? No!!  I've made a grocery list using the shopping list. I'm going to buy twice what I normally buy. And, I'm going to do a big cook up so I can be prepared.

I need this to work. I'm tired of being tired. I sick of feeling older than I really am. I don't know what else to do to make this work better.

It's great that you are getting right back up on the horse! Preparation is really important as you've learned, and though it seems pretty daunting at first, when you learn the template and through following it and tweaking as needed you get it really dialed in, it becomes second nature to eat this way.

You have no need to feel that you have failed or be disappointed.  That is because you are going to continue.  That is so awesome!

Cook ups do help a lot.  Finding out works best for you will take some time.  Even emergency boiled eggs, cans of tuna, will come in handy some days.  I find the most important meal for me to have prepped is breakfast.  Breakfasts will generally make or break me.  It can be only eggs and a cooked sweet potato, but I have to know that this what my meal is going to be.

I too think it is very important that you prepare as much food as you can. We do huge cook-ups and then freeze in meal size portions (we always did that but I think,during,the Whole 30 it is especially important).

Works perfectly for me! Good luck!:)

Also find a handful of quick, no prep proteins....like tuna, complaint hotdogs or sausages maybe even beef jerky. Planning ahead is great and needed but this is LIFE and we need a back-up! Also remember chipotle carnitas salad without dressing is compliant!!lol! Go get 'em!

Archived