Breakfast suggestions, please

GeekishlyApropos

oh for the egg muffins? I have three words. SILICONE MUFFIN CUPS!

I tossed my muffin pan and haven ever looked back. Worth every penny.  Not my favorite breakfast item because I do not love eggs, however I always have some on hand.   Usually in the freezer. I will put them in my purse still frozen when I know I am going to be out all day.  I use nomnompaleo recipe but skip the procuitto. Not wasting the good stuff on egg muffins!! Rather have that with melon!

I have silicone muffin pan on my "to-buy" list. I tried last time using natural cupcake liners and they worked beautifully, however, i would prefer not to use a muffin liner each time if possible. I'm excited to get my muffin pan :-) 

My favorite breakfasts are when I make a little too much food for dinner the night before and I just re-heat leftovers. I love having sauteed veggies with roasted chicken legs that I heat up in the toaster oven. Right now I'm having an omelette I made with leftover caramelized onions and mushrooms from my burgers lastnight. I added some feta cheese too (not whole30). I also make up bulk pork sausage (ground turkey or chicken works too) I take 2 lbs. meat add 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. ground black pepper, 3 Tbs. dried sage, and a little cayenne or red pepper flakes. Then I mix it all up and form it into patties, lay them on a foil-lined baking sheet and freeze them. Once they are frozen solid, I peel them off the foil and pop them into a freezer bag. When I feel like sausage in the morning, I grab a couple out of the freezer and throw them into a small sandwich bag, then throw them in the fridge to thaw the night before. If I don't think ahead that much, I put the sausage inside the sandwich bag into a small bowl of hot water (yes, hot water right out of the tap) and let it soak for about 10-15 minutes. They thaw pretty well that way and then I cook them up. i usually pair them with shredded sweet potato hash browns which I grate on the weekend and then store in a ziplock bag in the fridge. When I want some, I grab a handful and put them on a foil-lined baking sheet, toss with a little oil, salt and pepper, then pop in the oven for 20 minutes to cook them a little. (I do this while I'm in the shower) then I throw them in a skillet with some ghee and brown them.

Archived