Lisa 2nd attempt at whole 30

Lemony

New to the whole Paleo way of eating. Started my first whole 30 the day after being told about it !! In January but failed on day 21. Stupidly had chocolate nearby . Hormonal issues with cravings. Started again properly today .. Post my food log daily and would appreciate any help

The thing that helped me most with cravings was remembering it's only 30 days, you have the rest of your life to eat chocolate, drink wine, etc… Just that little bit of a reality check helped a lot, especially on some really stressful days when I would have normally turned to a glass of wine to relax (I had two of those this week!!) . Day 29 today - it is worth it :) Good luck!

Day 1 officially as yesterday went to pot late last night when I just had to eat all the almond butter on apples . Felt really crap when I got up made worst by weighing myself and finding I was 6 lbs heavier than 2 weeks ago.

Right let's start again.

Breakfast was not great But I am not failing on day 1 so going to go forward anyway and do this for 30 days and I mean 30 days . I am sick of being a victim to cravings probably not helped by hormones but enough !!

Saw a post recently in which a lady with similar hormonal issues suggested Tuna just plain in any quantity until the urge to binge has passed.

Today breakfast was 2 handfuls of dedicated coconut with some melon .... I know no protein .

Lunch now is Sri Lankan fish curry (well fed book)and cabbage.

Will post dinner later

I think we 'met' on the Ladies Only section.

Eating all the almond butter on apples is still compliant!

I have gained weight each time I've started a Whole30 (this is my 4th attempt, technically, in a year).  I just find myself snacking to avoid eating chocolate or sugars.  Weight loss is not my primary goal, but I do have 5-6 vanity pounds that keep yo-yoing back and forth.  I just don't want to be that woman who puts on 5 lbs a decade after age 40 (48 now).

What has helped me tremendously has been eating a big, protein laden breakfast.  Yesterday was leftover rib eye steak and a pear.  Probably ate 6oz of the fatty cut (grass fed, so the fat stays on the meat and I just enjoy it).  EAT MORE

I am buying some celery today for my sunflower seed butter and almond butter.  I think that will be more filling, and certainly less sweet, than the apples.  Takes me back to my childhood:  "ants on a log"… must get me some raisins.

Hang in there, and avoid that typical female hang-up of beating up too much on ourselves!  As everyone says, it is only 30 days.  Make sure you have plenty of ready to eat satisfying foods and keep your eyes focused on the goal!

I wish you luck.  I would love to follow your log so I will pop in when I can.

~Pam

Lisa, as you know, I am far from an expert on all of this. :) I do wonder, though, about the prevalence of food intolerances and whether, when someone eats a food that their body isn't happy to bring aboard, it causes cravings. I know that to be true for my own body -- and I have several food intolerances. My reaction to things like eggs, for example, is not strong. It's subtle -- but with unfortunate consequences. Soon after I eat eggs I start feeling a little anxious. Then I start craving sugar. I also notice that when I eat meals that include the foods I have intolerances towards, I'm still hungry afterwards. You may not have any food intolerances at all, but it's just something to think about. :) -Emma

Lisa, as you know, I am far from an expert on all of this. :) I do wonder, though, about the prevalence of food intolerances and whether, when someone eats a food that their body isn't happy to bring aboard, it causes cravings. I know that to be true for my own body -- and I have several food intolerances. My reaction to things like eggs, for example, is not strong. It's subtle -- but with unfortunate consequences. Soon after I eat eggs I start feeling a little anxious. Then I start craving sugar. I also notice that when I eat meals that include the foods I have intolerances towards, I'm still hungry afterwards. You may not have any food intolerances at all, but it's just something to think about. :) -Emma

I have an ex boyfriend who no longer eats eggs because he realized they turned him into an asshole.  lol  His wife agrees.

Meal 1 - black coffee 4 eggs scrambled with coconut oil. Broccoli , Brussel sprouts and half of a Avacardo .

- 8 hours later ! Day out and no suitable meals. Upon getting home starving.

Meal 2 - I can coconut milk - 2 small tins of tuna - handful of nuts.

Meal 3 - Moroccan meatballs , cauliflower rice , kale

Sadly failed today between meals 2-3 simply because I left it too long between meals and over ate and felt crap so I carried on eating. I did stop after a few biscuits but the damage was done. Starting over because I am going to complete this !!

Emma , Pam laughed out loud at your posts !! Yes maybe that's something I could consider but I think it's too long between meals today that caused such sudden hunger and I was ok until I ate ? The coconut milk was dreamy the nuts were very nice but the Tuna was boring . I need to look at my food and be thrilled at the prospect of eating it . So starting again

Emma re read your post and maybe you are on to something .... Some meals leave me wanting more when I should be full ??

Maybe something to play around with. It might be worth keeping a food diary that includes notes about how you feel after you eat. That's what I did last summer in order to determine what was bothering me. It's awful to eat something and have that something make you hungry! Sort of defeats the purpose of eating in the first place. And it's sooooo frustrating. 

Meal 1 - 10am later than usual . 2 black coffees followed by 3 eggs scrambled , beets, kale, broccoli and Avacardo

Exercise - 11am power plate class 25mins

General horsey work at the stables.

Meal 2 - 4pm too late again but just got home.

Salmon with Sri Lankan curry , cabbage , Avacardo .

Meal 3 - 7.30pm - Moroccan lamb meatballs , cauliflower rice, kale and cabbage. Huge dinner and absolutely delicious .

Day 2

Black coffee

Meal 1- 10am - 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, cabbage, beets, Brussels, avacardo

11.30am - power plate class

Meal 2 - 3.30pm - salmon, Sri Lankan curry sauce, cabbage, beets, green beans, carrots, Avacardo

Meal 3 - 8.30pm - lamb meatballs , cauliflower rice, beets, cabbage, kale and Avacardo .

Feel really full up . My meals are huge but I am not hungry in between meals at all

Archived