Help!!

Tj V

I just made pulled pork in the crockpot and thought pineapple sauce would be great with it. I blended a can of pineapple, with no sugar added, in it's own juice and a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. The pepper was about 2-2 1/2 inches long and I didn't use any extra adobo sauce other than the small amount that clung to the pepper. Then I poured it over all the pulled pork (because it got a bit dry for my taste).
Problem is, I didn't look at the label before using the chipotle pepper and the 7 oz. can, which contains about 7 peppers (the one I used was about 2-2 1/2 inches long and about as big around as a nickel),  said it had 2 grams of sugar in, total, in the can.
Question now is, can I still eat it? Is it Whole 30 taboo? Do I need to freeze the pulled pork for another time?
Can't believe I forgot to look at the label!!! Bonehead!
Please help.

• Moderators

You've got two problems - soybean oil and sugar. If it were just the sugar, I might say go ahead and eat it. Every adobo sauce I've ever seen has sugar. You have to check these things. But the soybean oil means you can't eat this during a Whole30. Give it away, freeze it, but don't eat it if you want to continue a Whole30.

Archived