Yeah! I did it!!

ARamstead

Day 31! I've completed a Whole 30, and I'm feeling so proud of myself!! I've dropped 13 lbs, which is awesome, but I also cleared up my face quite a bit as well as a number of "tummy problems" like GERD. 

The best result, though, is that I've broken the binging cycle that I get stuck in. I'm eating reasonable amounts of food, and I feel like I can trust my body signals again. There isn't that need to sit down and eat until I'm sick. I haven't had soda or fast food for 30 days and that's huge for me. 

The plan for now is to continue using the basic meal template, keep snacking to an absolute minimum (only a few occasional treats, not a daily thing), and test a couple of foods out (like high quality dairy) to decide whether to reincorporate them. I'm also reading up on AIP to decide whether that's a good route for me since there are a few issues that did not clear up on W30. What's nice is that I feel like W30 gave me a "blank slate" to work with and I know that I can stick to any similar plan. 

Woohoo!

Awesome! I'm on day25 maybe u can advise...i have/had binging and i rarely was tempted to binge on whole30 until the last few days. Now that i'm also to 30 days and having these feelings, i'm not sure i can trust myself yet! How/when did u know that u could trust your body? Im really scared i'll do it again. I SOOOOOO want to trust!

Hmmm. I'm not sure at what point it was. I've had cravings, but I just don't feel that "compulsion" that I have had previously. A lot of people are saying that they needed to complete a Whole 45 or Whole 60. Maybe that would be a good option?

Great to hear of your success! I hope I have the same type of success. I'm only on Day 5 and I'm having problems with Gerd, even though I take Prilosec every day. I've noticed that I feel as though my food is in my throat and if I were to burp, it would all come up. I'm wondering if I'll have to give up the coffee. I'm not using sugar or any creamer, just like the W30 says not to, and I'm not over-eating. At least I don't think so. I didn't have this issue before, unless I really overate or ate something that didn't agree with me. Usually it was from overeating, especially if it (the gerd) occured during the daytime. I don't get it. I'm actually drinking far less coffee too, cause it just isn't all that without the chocolate creamer, you know? Having other issues too, but I know they said that things might get worse before they get better, so not gonna complain too much about them. This Gerd thing has me puzzled though. Did yours get worse at the beginning and did you take meds for it on a reg. basis? Thanks!

For me, the GERD settled down at about the halfway point. I did have a couple days when it seemed really bad, but I stuck it out. Now, it's basically gone. So is the constant bloating and gas that I used to deal with. 

I know tomatoes and coffee can be triggering for some people, so it might be something to look at, although they weren't a problem for me. 

Thanks so much. I'm gonna try not having my coffee first thing in the morning, at least until after I've had breakfast. Read how the caffeine messes up the cortisol, so maybe that might be it. Gonna give it a shot. I suppose I'll try going without the Prilosec and see what happens with the acid reflux issues. Thanks again.

Keep me posted! I am thrilled to be free from the constant discomfort! (And I know exactly what you mean. I've described it before as feeling like if I bend over from the waste, lava is going to spew out of my mouth. Blegh.) I'm kind of curious as to what was causing it, but I have no plans on testing most of the stuff I cut out (just the dairy because I really like cheese, lol). 

I will. I didn't take my Prilosec last night, but did take one little over the counter acid reflux pill because it scares me when the acid runs up my throat when I'm sleeping. It's horrible. So, we'll see what happens today with none. I'm wondering if taking the Prilosec is causing some of my bloating because it stops stomach acid and we need stomach acid to digest our food. We'll see how it goes. I'm with you the dairy! That will be my first thing to add back, for the exact same reason! ;)

That is great to hear! I finished my first Whole30 in January and also ended my binge-streak that I have struggled with for the past year. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to follow the reintroduction phase because I attended a wedding on my 32nd day and kind of went all out with the offroading thing....which lasted a week. I thought the best way to get my head right again was doing a second Whole30 right away. I'm on my last week and definitely a bit nervous about what will happen when it ends this time. Keep us posted on your journey!

Good call - that would be hard! 

So far, so good here. We went out last night and my only concession was a gluten-free hard cider (holy cow that tasted good, lol!). I didn't feel any bad effects from it, so that's good. 

I'm adding a smidge of a really nice cheddar to my taco salad tonight and also some full-fat sour cream. Not a lot, just enough to try it and see what happens. 

Archived