Started today

fitandactive

I am new here and I started today. Just wanted to tell someone, because I'm not telling a lot of other people. I feel doubtful that this will work for me but I am committed to it because I am desperate for an answer to what I am going through. 

I have been trying to lose weight (20-25 lb) for 4 years, after 4 babies. While I lost and maintained an 80 lb weight loss for over a decade when I was younger, suddenly I am not able to get this weight to move. My thyroid is enlarged and my endocrinologist recommends that it be removed even though my hormone levels are fine. I recently put on 5 lbs for no reason that I can ascertain, even though I exercise (hard!) 4-5 times a week and am careful about what I eat.

In the past few years, I have noticed a big increase in digestive problems when I eat many foods that I never used to have problems with: dairy, nuts, peanut butter, and possibly oats- but was thinking it was in my mind because these foods are "healthy". When I came upon this site and the book, I knew I had to try Whole30 because I owe it to myself to see what is going on with my body. 

I hope I can stick with it! I hope I get some answers! 

Archived