{Brie0808} Signed up and ready to start

Brie0808

Bummer about the dairy :( How are you feeling so far with the pregnancy? Your new 'oatmeal' recipe sounds delicious, I'm going to try it one day soon!

I'm still plugging away at mine, no slips yet, but I've pretty much been eating the same things over and over again. I kind of got bored with logging the same thing over and over again haha.

This morning has been the hardest. I had to wake up early so I can get my youngest son to a dentist in the city to get teeth extracted. I'm feeling nauseous and nothing sounds good. I might have to resort to the oatmeal and an egg, but haven't been able to do anything but drink water. 

Yesterday was great. For breakfast I had a steak skillet loaded with veggies and topped with a fried egg (coconut oil). For lunch I had my tuna salad salad which I will need to ease up on. I love a good salad, but need to mix up my protein on this. I'll probably start buying more chicken and hard boiling more eggs ahead of time. For lunch I threw a whole chicken in the crockpot and loaded it with fennel, garlic, celery and some herbs. Then, I topped a bed of kale with the warm veggies and threw on some apple shavings and avocado. It was delicious and the kids had thirds of the chicken! I only had one snack and it was a little big of pommel. It was pretty good. I'm drawn to citrus/fruit in general when I get nauseous. I guess it's better than bread or any other processed food. 

Today will be difficult being on the road with the two little ones. I have some time before we leave to pack some snacks though and know a great market in the area that has ready to eat meals that are compliant. 

I'm still plugging away at mine, no slips yet, but I've pretty much been eating the same things over and over again. I kind of got bored with logging the same thing over and over again haha.

I have a tendency to eat the same things as well. Skillets, salad, chicken with veggies is my usual day. But the simplicity of it helps stay on track. I try to throw in 2 new recipes a week though. Last week I did the paleo meatloaf that was great. As well as the Almost Oatmeal. Which I know isn't the best option, but if I can keep it down, it's staying in the rotation! How are you feeling? I had my first prenatal check in and have my first ultrasound on the 11th to get an estimated due date! 

I'm feeling ok so far. My boobs hurt like crazy sometimes, but other than that, the symptoms still haven't kicked in to a huge extent. I am still very early in the pregnancy (5 weeks tomorrow), but I have an ultrasound booked for next Friday. With my history, they want to check for viability as soon as they can. I'm going to keep working out the same way I have been for the past year for now, and I'm just trying to be as W30 compliant food wise as I can. So far it's been relatively easy, but if morning sickness sets in, who knows what will happen?

Day 16 done and still going strong! Feeling pretty darn good right now, except for the insomnia. That has gotten worse for some reason. I hope it evens itself out soon.

No really major pregnancy symptoms, which I find a bit worrying given my history. Not that I want to feel like crap, but it would be somewhat reassuring to have a symptom or two at this point.

How did your first day(s) go? Any major triumphs or epiphanies?

I hope you start to feel some pregnancy symptoms, Lara! It's still early according to your earlier post so I'm sure the hormones will kick in soon.

My first day wasn't ideal; I was traveling home and didn't pack enough food so I just went hungry most of the day (not many compliant foods in the airport!). Today has been great so far, I'm posting my meals on "Your Whole 30 Log" under Jenski's Journey if you want to check it out. Last night I was literally dreaming that my mom had made all types of quick breads that were really yummy and everyone was eating it and I was having this serious dilemma about whether or not I should endulge! I didn't, thank goodness. Haha. The timeline on the Whole 30 website says that will happen but I didn't expect it on the eve of the first day!

Archived