Starting Whole30 on 2/22/14

Jaybird913

How are you doing, EsTher? I've been sending positive thoughts your way!

It's funny, I couldn't wait to be done, but aside from the rice noodles and today, it has been easier to just eat clean than to down "just any food." I really don't want to eat something like a cookie, where it wouldn't provide quality information about what I tolerate.

I ate compliant for the past 2 days and introduced dairy today (yogurt with breakfast, a tiny bit if cheese with an apple and sour cream mixed into my salmon & avocado for lunch- obviously out of mayo!) I haven't yet had dinner , but my stomach is cramping. Ugh! It may be due to the apple, as Fuji's have been suspect for a long time... More investigation is needed.

Are you on vacation now, Carmen?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I am on vacation! And it is fantastic. I went on a great hike today, but I feel like one major thing from whole 30 is my appetite has shrunk. Even things I used to love, like muffins I find I can't really finish. I have been drinking a lot of water, and have loved the water. I also have missed my sugar and candy, but as for carbs, meh. I had a bagel and it was great and now I feel like I don't really want another one any time in the near future. We will see what it is like when I'm at work and surrounded by them, but I just feel like now I eat to sustain my body and I don't need to overeat. 

I had a muffin for breakfast this morning and a sandwhich for lunch. I just had some shaved ice and I'm super full. I feel like I can't eat as much as I used to, and I don't want to eat as much as I used to. It's great. I am excited to get back home though, at least to control what I meat. I miss eating some meat and veggies. I can't really cook vegetables here so it's been a bit difficult getting them consistently in my diet.

Hi Gardengirl ! Thanks for asking ! I am ok... after these last two busy days,at least I stayed compliant, but I am not feeling well, I mean I don't think I am getting the benefits of the program in terms of feeling better healthy wise. And I know it is because, even though I have eaten compliant foods, I have not followed the template, and I have probably eaten less that I should sometimes, and way more too. So, I keep trying my best. For me it is going to take more time, I guess I have a different past in terms of relationship with food so I need to continue longer. 

SO, I will not reintro grains for now because I know that leads me to binge... not even think about chocolate or anything sweet. Maybe dairy (cheese or yogurt but definitely not milk). 

How are you feeling now? I see that you keep almost the same eating habits. That is great !! I wish it was so easy for me. 

Happy 30, EsTher!!! I hope this experience has been a nice jumpstart in changing your relationship with food. I do embrace the simplicity of the template (hey, my hand is always on me to remind me of that protein and a "finger fan" of vegetables that should be looking back at me from the plate!) and the rhythm of the day eating just 3 meals provides (as opposed to snacking all day).

I'm mostly keeping compliant- but had a piece of sourdough cranberry bread and GOOD LORD!, I never knew I could have such an instant response! Bloating, headache (which has lasted into the morning) and a strange preoccupation to binge on other foods that for sure aren't even close to compliant! It is indeed a slippery slope for some of us!

All the best to you!

Happy 30, EsTher!!! I hope this experience has been a nice jumpstart in changing your relationship with food. I do embrace the simplicity of the template (hey, my hand is always on me to remind me of that protein and a "finger fan" of vegetables that should be looking back at me from the plate!) and the rhythm of the day eating just 3 meals provides (as opposed to snacking all day).

I'm mostly keeping compliant- but had a piece of sourdough cranberry bread and GOOD LORD!, I never knew I could have such an instant response! Bloating, headache (which has lasted into the morning) and a strange preoccupation to binge on other foods that for sure aren't even close to compliant! It is indeed a slippery slope for some of us!

All the best to you!

Hi, thanks! I just ate what it should be my last compliant mandatory meal, but at this point I am not thinking about reintro. For now I will keep going this way. I am just afraid of binging after a little bite of anything!  

To be completely honest, I am not sure if the program helped me as it does for most people. Somehow I feel that food restriction increases my level of anxiety a lot, and I have been fighting with the urge of binging most days... But on the other hand, if I do not restrict, I go the opposite way which is even worst. It did help me to realize the magnitude of the problems I have with food. So I guess I have to keep working to find my balance, and in the end it seems to be a good program for that. 

Anyway, it was a pleasure sharing this journey with you, and I also wish you all the best!!

I'm so glad that you made it through EsTher! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. I got distracted with vacationing but now I am back in the real world. Reintro went well. I have now tried legumes and soy and no issues. I do feel a little more bloated in general after reintro so I'm definitely going to be limiting my intake of noncompliant foods. I also am working towards no longer overeating. The more delicious something is, the more I tend to eat of it, so I've been trying to just eat until I'm not hungry anymore.

I definitely ate a lot of carbs today and I feel like this is going to be my struggle. They aren't as delicious as I remembered, but they are super convenient. That was the hardest part for me. I am so busy with school that cooking is tough. I'm going to use this time to come up with easy quick meals to limit down carbs.

Hope you girls are doing great! It's been awesome to share this journey with you!

Archived