Lara's log, starting on day 3

LaraG

Day 3 has been much more challenging than day 1 or 2. I did not sleep well, first day back after the long weekend, first workout being w30 compliant... Yikes! I guess I'm right on schedule lol

Breakfast (7:30 am) - 1/2 avocado, 3 scrambled eggs, lots of sauteed kale (a few large handfuls), 1 tbsp ghee, black coffee (1 1/2 cups)

Lunch (12:15 pm) - 2 asian chicken thighs, 1 sweet potato with 1 tbsp ghee, 1 red pepper

Post workout (5 pm) - 3 meatball (so many left over! Going to be eating these for a few days yet), marinated golden beets and avocado oil.

Dinner (probably around 9 tonight) - Krabby cakes with mayo, salad greens and a tomato with homemade vinaigrette. 

I noticed today that when I am tired and stressed at work, I think about food. I wasn't hungry, but I was really looking forward to lunch.

Sooo tired right now, and I have to work on report cards this week. Trying not to nap :(

Day 4 - Stressful. I don't think it was necessarily due to the W30, but man oh man, 'Kill ALL the things' was in full force today. Full moon maybe? Students were NUTS, and not in a fun way.

On the plus side, I did sleep very well last night, and I feel like I will sleep well today. I want to go for a walk, but I think I might leave it for today. It is cold and sleet-y right now and I'll be doing a tough workout tomorrow.

Breakfast (7:30 am) - 3 eggs scrambled, 3 tbsp salsa, sauteed kale, 1.5 tbsp ghee

Lunch (12:15 pm) - 4 crab cakes, lots of salad w/ a tomato and homemade balsamic, apple, large handful of macadamia nuts (This lunch was very satisfying!)

Dinner (6:45 pm) - 4 meatballs (Sooooo many leftover! Going to have to bring these for lunch tomorrow), beets and balsamic vinegar, roasted curried cauliflower cooked in coconut oil.

Thanks for the feedback Chris, I appreciate it :)

Lara

Day 5. Kill all things indeed. People questioned my food choices, I (politely) put them in their place. People are rude sometimes! (Me included, I suppose :) )

Breakfast - 1.5 tbsp ghee, 3 scrambled eggs with salsa, sauteed kale

Lunch - 4 meatballs (they're almost gone now, woo hoo!), roasted curried cauliflower cooked in coconut oil, 1 apple

Post workout - 2 crab cakes, marinated golden beets

Dinner (not yet had, currently cooking it up), roast chicken, oven roasted broccoli cooked in macadamia nut oil, 1 raw red pepper

So, besides 'Kill all things' as a symptom, I slept very well, but was still a bit tired throughout the day. My workout was slower than normal, but better than my workout on Tuesday. Getting gassy now as well (my poor husband!)

So far I am pretty satisfied with my meals and really enjoying the food prep and discovering new recipes. Hopefully that feeling only gets stronger.

Day 6 - Toughest day so far. I was just hungry today! I tried to hold out (and did for about 2 hours), but in the end had one of my emergency larabars at around 10. Also had a non compliant (as far as template goes) after workout snack. I'm not that concerned though, Still holding strong with the absolute basic tenets of the program, and I should be happy about that!

Breakfast - 1 tomato, 3 scrambled eggs with salsa, 1/2 avocado, 2 tsp ghee

Morning snack - larabar

Lunch - 3 meatballs, oven roasted broccoli w/avocado oil, 1 apple

Post workout - macadamia nuts, raspberries

Dinner - Sweet potato hash (1 sweet potato, 3 eggs, 1 tbsp ghee to cook, topped with 1 tbsp as well, spices), 1/2 avocado, 1 red pepper

Almost one week down! Thoughts appreciated :)

Archived