Day 11- Feeling Amazing!

sweetrunning

Hi everyone, 

I've been watching on the blogs since I started and am on day 11 so far and feeling absolutely amazing. I think I'm one of the lucky ones though becuase I had a carb flu for days 1 and 2 and day 3 I woke up feeling the tiger blood. I did half calves cramping a bit on days 3 and 4, but then I added in a banana at least every other day and more sea salt and was fine again.  Otherwise, I'm feeling awesome. I even was able to workout 2 days last week at low intensity and then this week I've gottnen back to lifting weights a couple days a week and even did my T25 workout one day. I've made sure to eat extra on those days and am never hungry on this diet. I went on this becuase I had been on a low dose depression/anxiety medication for 3 years and was always on/off/on/off. I had been off for 6 weeks prior to starting this but was feeling like i may have to go back on, as I started getting anxiety about my job. Well after day 3 of this, I felt better and by day 7 I no longer cared about my hour commute to work. The anxiety was gone. This tells me a ton, that my food choices can keep me off medication as i was on on such a low dose that it's the kick I need. I'm so proud of myself too. I'm nervous to get to 30, I like this way of eating better. I feel like I'm kicking snacking, which was my worst habit, especially at night in front of the television. I love the whole 30 book, it's amazing and has helped a lot. And plus my pants are loose. I've worn 3 pairs already that wouldn't button prior to this. Anyhow, I feel like I've had better than normal results. I wonder if that's because I generally ate pretty healthy before but now I've kicked it to a new level. Thanks Whole 30, I'll keep you posted again towards the end. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well done!!  I take meds for anxiety and it's good to know someone else's Whole 30 is keeping those feeling at bay.  I'm on Day 13, but have been eating Paleo-ish since Jan 1st.  I love the mood boost--that helps with the anxiety and gives me a "take on the world" feeling.   :D

Glad it's going so well for you! I had a terrible first two weeks but on day 16 (yesterday) something clicked and I have been on an energy high for two days (in a great mood too). I know what you mean about nervous to get to 30 -- I want to add some things back in but am a little afraid to!

You'll have to share more when you finish! :) 

Archived