NEED HELP with pre and post meal understanding Please Advise

DanielleBuen

The Whole30 is a huge change for me dietary wise; I am use lunch coming out of the drive through or left over take out. My meals are mostly junk anymore and not very well thought out so in order to succeed at this whole 30 I am planning in great detail every bite I will take for the duration of the program.  I am having a issue with Pre and Post workout meals are these truly essential I normally workout between 5pm and 8pm so that conflicts with dinner and not eating to close to bed 9:30 or 10 for me.  I am stressed out and figuring out breakfast lunch and dinner will be change enough…until I get the hang of it will it be dangerous or counter productive of me to not worry so much about these two extra meals until I can get my footing in this new lifestyle?  

I deleted your duplicate post, so you get all your replies in one place.

Can you give an idea of what a workout day looks like for you? Specifically:

- what time of day you're having meals 1, 2, and 3, and

- what you're doing for a workout (e.g, are you walking, running, strength training, Crossfit)?

At a minimum, I would start with eating meals 1, 2, and 3 at the table.  :) 

For week one and two I am going to be taking it easy on myself workout wise due to the drastic change I am making.  I will be doing yoga at six in the morning on both Mondays, practicing my pole skills on those Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 in the evening.

My meals will consumed at or around:

Breakfast: 6:30 am

Lunch: 12 pm

Dinner: 5:30 pm   

If I am feeling good the rest of the 30 days I will be back to my normal (but improved) routine which looks something like this:

Monday: Wake up at 5:45 am,  Eat at breakfast 6:30 am and Lunch at 12:00 pm.  After work at 5:30 I go and lift for thirty minutes and do thirty minutes of higher intensity cardio.  Return home and eat dinner around 7:30 pm.  Bed around 9:30.

Tuesday: Rest day.

Wednesday: Wake up at 5:45 am,  Eat at breakfast 6:30 am and Lunch at 12:00 pm.  After work at 5:30 I go and lift for thirty minutes and do thirty minutes of higher intensity cardio.  Return home and eat dinner around 7:30 pm.  Bed around 9:30.

Thursday: Rest day.

Friday: Wake up at 5:45 am,  Eat at breakfast 6:30 am and Lunch at 12:00 pm.  After work eat dinner at 5:30 Pole from 8 to 9 pm.  Bed around 10 pm.

Saturday: Quick breakfast at 9…Pole from 10-11:30 am.  Will try to maintain structure and eat lunch at 12:30 and dinner at 6 pm.

Sunday: Free for all outdoor activity now that weather is pretty again I will really have to work on my Sunday structure  

Thanks for your help :D

I would suggest getting at least a post WO meal in on the days you lift. If you can have even a piece of lean protein and carb within 15-30 minutes of finishing your workout, that will help you recover as quickly as possible.

Some good thoughts on this topic from moderator Tom Denham here: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/10432-confused-about-eating-meal-one-after-workout/#entry105206

Archived