Bruce's daily log - Starting at day 2

stoshiro

Brand new to this whole program, but I went ahead and started yesterday at lunch.

I travel 3-4 days a week and have kids at home so this is going to be tough.  I've read through some of the forums to get some tips, so we'll see how it goes.

I have a Whole Foods nearby when I'm on the road, so I imagine I will spend a lot of time there.  Also have a cafeteria that has a decent salad bar.   At home is going to be tough with the kids around.

Day 1 -

Lunch - Salad with olives, cucumbers, carrots, grilled chicken

Dinner - Grilled chicken breast, brocollini, watermelon

Went to sleep around 12, woke up with extreme abdominal pains around 5am.  

Day 2 - 

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, apple, watermelon from hotel buffet

Lunch - We had a working meeting with Pizza and salad, so I had the pizza place make baked veggies - olives, bell peppers, tomatoes, chicken, lettuce

Hello Stoshiro,

You CAN do this!  Read It Starts with Food.  Understanding the science behind what goes into your mouth 

really helps.  Also, get the daily E-mails.  They help you keep your head and thoughts in line.  I've done

both the book & E-mails as well as kept a journal like they suggest.  The more you can do to keep your

mind focused on this Whole30, the better!  If you are not yet getting the E-mails, sign up!  Right after you sign up

and get that squared away, send Whole30 an E-mail to tell them your start date and they will go back and send you

the E-mails you missed.  There is a day 0 E-mail for the day before you begin that is awesome.  

Then there is one every day for the entire 30 days.  

You'll do great!   :D

Hi there,

Also have you read the meal template?

Your meals are missing a fat source so far.. You'll need fat for energy so make sure to add that in.

Every meal should have a protein source, lots of vegetables & a healthy fat source.

Also, 2 eggs may not be enough for you. For a meal you need as many as you can hold in your hand. I'm a reasonably petite woman and I have three!

You can absolutely do it and I strongly recommend the emails and making use of this forum! Scour it for answers, call out for help when you need it.

I am on Day 11 and it has been a breeze because of all the support. This is the best bunch of people ever and they/we all want you to succeed!!

Thanks Ninadude, I did order the book and signed up for the emails.   I started the emails late, but they were able to catch me up.

SalsaEzz - Thanks for the post.  I did read the template, but learning as I go here.  Had 3 eggs for breakfast today, I think you're right.   But I am worried about my high cholesterol.  I haven't read up on it, but I'm hoping this diet will help with that even though I'm eating a lot of eggs.

Had a grilled chicken salad at a thai restaurant today.  I asked for no dressing, but when it came out, they had put a sort of teriyaki glaze on the chicken breast.   I told them that I asked for no dressing and the lady said that wasn't dressing.  She was probably right, but I said I couldn't eat it.  She seemed very perturbed.  I don't think I've ever actually sent anything back, so that was tough.  But fortunately, I was with a co-worker that is a vegan, so he backed me up and said I was allergic to it.

Dinner I had to leave for the airport, so I had an early (4:00) dinner at Chipotle.  Had the pork salad with mild salsa and guacamole.  But I had to eat it in the car or I might have missed my plane.  I'll have to work out the timing better next time.

So far so good.  haven't really experienced any of the moodiness or energy lapses I was expecting for day 3. 

I'm at home for the weekend, so it will be interesting how I do.  I haven't really prepared anything here so am a little nervous about it.

Archived