Jenski's Journey

jenski

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Physibeth! I didn't end up eating any fruit before my workout or at breakfast...wasn't hungry enough for it so I figured if there was something to leave out, the fruit was it.

Question: how much fat per meal? The template has a list of fats, but it doesn't say how many we should choose from that list per meal. Maybe I'm thinking that I'm supposed to eat more than what they intend.

Any input on that would be appreciated!

1-2 of those options. Each gives the minimum serving (1-2 of something except nuts which we want you to limit). So you could have say 2 thumbs of coconut butter or 1 thumb of ghee and an open handful of coconut or a whole avocado or 1/2 an avocado and a closed handful of nuts. Make sense? Now all that said these are minimums (except for nuts) and you can have more if your template serving of protein and veggies doesn't allow you to go 4-5 hours without eating.

Ok a little tough love...please please please put the scale away and please eat more.

I suspect that the reason fruit sounds good to you when nothing else does is because your body is doing a last ditch effort to get you to feed it sugar. Giving into that isn't going to help. Always save fruit for last. Please! Trust me! 

Yes we want to learn to listen to our bodies, but when our bodies are not functioning correctly we can't always trust them. That is why we want you to eat the template meal 3x a day even if you are not hungry. This was a great article on the subject: http://whole30.com/2014/02/listen-to-your-body/ I've been at this for a year now and I feel pretty confident in listening to my body now about 90% of the time, but I still go through times where my body can't be trusted and I have to use what I know.

Save the sweet potato gnocchi until after your Whole30. 

Sorry you are not feeling well...hope you feel better soon. I find a tbs of raw apple cider vinegar in hot water to be very healing when I'm feeling stuffy.

On the eating more my suggestion to people struggling as you are is to always prepare a meal that meets the minimum of the template for 3 meals and eat as much of it as they can not ignoring any groups (make sure you eat protein, fat, and vegs). Save what you can't finish for a mini meal later. If you can't get all that food in in a day just save the leftovers and try again the next day. It may take some time. If you can get it in across 4 or 5 meals then that is better than 3 not large enough meals as you are getting the nutrients in. If you can't get in enough protein, vegetables, and fat I would advice skipping fruit altogether personally. Fruit is optional.

I'm glad you had a fun trip, however there really isn't a pause button for Whole30. We can't force you to do anything of course, this is your decision, but if you really want to finish a Whole30 I would suggest a restart. At the very least I would suggest putting your gluten and wine reintroduction off until you have been without both for a full 30 days. I'm assuming your beers were not gluten free.

Archived