Kalamata olives! I always hated them but now, it's a whole new world

yeage20c

I never liked olives, in fact I avoided them as much as possible. And then, yesterday, when I decided to add them in a pinch for my fat, it was like a new world opened up. 

They were delicious. 

I now am eating them quite a bit. Does anyone have any brands they like in particular?

Also, just because: Do you prefer green olives vs "regular" black olives vs Kalamata? Why? 

Thanks! :) 

I like Divina pitted kalamatas the best.  I like Trader Joe's black olives the best, and Santa Barbara Olive Company is also good.  I love green olives - I love them the most when they are stuffed with bleu cheese, so that won't be happening any time soon.  :-)  The Olive Pit in Corning, CA makes really good chipotle green olives!  Not sure if they are W30 compliant, though.

I hate black spanish olives (not sure if they have a specific name, but they don't have a pointy end), many of them taste and smell like car tyre rubber to me :(

I love black kalamata olives, giant ones if I can find them (sadly, never find giant ones pitted).
Black kalamata olives are very popular in Australia (we have lots of ex-pat Greeks here).  

Manzanillo ones can be nice too, but they're hard to find, very soft. 

I love the green ones stuffed with pimento.

Archived